MicroG Services stopping/Apps don't think I have Google Services on Nexus 5

Hey all,
Whenever I try to run SafteyNet check in Magisk I get a MicroG Services keeps stopping error. I understand if Magisk and MicroG won’t make SafteyNet pass, I was only checking too see if it would but I noticed when I logged in to Signal on my freshly setup device it says No Google Play Services installed, please disable battery optimisations. I thought MicroG was meant to trick apps into thinking google play services was installed.

Does anyone know what’s going on?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hello, welcome in the forum :slight_smile:

The SafetyNet part of MicroG is useless since MicroG isn’t able to bypass SafetyNet anymore and a known bug makes microG crash when SafetyNet is requested by an app.

About the notification issue, could you provide a screenshot of Settings > MicroG > Google Cloud Messaging while you are connected to the internet please ?

Hey, I assumed Microg couldn’t make SafteyNet pass but that’s okay. Not really needed. :blush:

About the no google play services issue here is the screenshot. I’m not getting any notifications from apps that use GCM.

Ok that’s a known issue of MicroG (should be solved in the 0.13 update if I’m right).

Dial this code *#*#2432546#*#* in Phone and it will be “Connected” instead of “Disconnected”, then apps needed Google Cloud Messaging will be listed. If an app isn’t listed after you opened it, re-install it.

Cheers man, its saying connected now and one app has popped up already. Thank you for your help:)