MicroG user update

Hi,

Is there a way to update MicroG or it has to be updated with eOS build? I’m talking about eOS based on Nougat.

Thanks,

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

Hello.

Hello. I dont think so, because microg comes as a e.system app.

1 Like

Thanks. I see that on my build there’s MicroG 0.2.10.29420-77 so it’s okay. I used MIUI.eu ROM for a long time and there updating system application was like updating normal application. That’s why I’m asking.

What about a rooted phone? My one isn’t rooted but anyway

Hello.

I dont know, never tested root on phone, sorry…

If you have root with Magisk, you have an option to upgrade MicroG through a version of MicroG in Magisk Module format.

1 Like

This might be helpful too:

1 Like

I see in microG - What you need to know, A conversation with its developer : Marvin Wißfeld that many users have 0.2.12 or even 0.2.13 version of MicroG when my Galaxy S7 bought with eOS installed here in the store still have 0.2.10 and no system update to install. Can anyone explain why I don’t have the update? Many, many apps aren’t working correctly and I hoped that a microG update could help…

I have the same issue, I hope an updated version of MicroG is released soon as some apps stopped working. It seems E Foundation’s MicroG is 2 versions behind the official version.

On that note: why isn’t it ‘just an app’ in the App store. It would make life so much easier.

1 Like