microG - What you need to know, A conversation with its developer : Marvin Wißfeld

No it has not been released as yet. I just tested it this morning. There are some issues in the framework integration which still need to be resolved. Unfortunately there will be a delay of another week at least.

3 Likes

Sorry. I dont understand this. What it really means that about the covid contact tracking framework in e/od?

Can @Manoj please explain me if you have install that API of contact tracing in e/ and we have to say yes or yes to it?

In standard setup it is not active. If you want to use it, you have to install the extension.

2 Likes

By default /e/ comes with a version of microG without the Exposure Notification API.
Users who want to use the Exposure Notification API need to install a different microG version which includes it. The “System apps” category was introduced to the Apps installer for this purpose.

If you don’t consciously take steps to get the Exposure Notification API, you will not have it.

1 Like

Thanks for reoly guys. I got crazy just thinking about the goverments will force it. :dizzy_face: