Missing Dual SIM settings for FP3+ /e/OS

Hi there,

I don’t find some of the necessary settings for Dual SIM use on my FP3+ with /e/OS.

1. How can I deactivate SIM1 or SIM2 on my FP3+, /e/OS version? I don’t find any other solution than removing the respective SIM card, but I can’t believe that there is no other solution… If there is not, Dual SIM for /e/OS doens’t make any sense for a combined professional and private Fairphone.

2. How can I select a different ringtone globally for calls via SIM2?

3. How can I select and save the preferred SIM per contact?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best wishes
winnewoerp

Hi @winnewoerp welcome to the /e/ forum.

Did you already read this article?

Hi aibd, thanks for linking the article. I didn’t read it yet but found the same information elsewhere. The point is: I don’t have the “Sim Cards” option in “Network & Internet” and I don’t unterstand why. Do you habe any idea?

Here’s what it looks like in my German version.

It seems to me that I have a different OS version or something because many options mentioned in the aeticle aren’t available for me. Strange.

It’s not that strange, the article is pretty old. Furthermore details may differ depending on the device or on the major Android version /e/OS uses as a base on the device.

In case of the Fairphone 3/3+ /e/OS can be based on Android 9 or 10 (or 11 in beta) currently, depending on how you installed it.

For reference … what exactly does it say for you in Settings - About phone - Android version (tap on it) - /e/ version?

1 Like

Hi AnotherElk, thanks for pointing out. I have Android version 10 and /e/ version 0.20-q-20211215151799-stable-FP3

Do I need another version for the respective things to work and if yes how do I get it?

Update: I checked with two other Fairphones. On a FP3 with regular Android 10 the options are showing. On another FP3+ with /e/OS the options are not showing. So it’s not related to the Android version, but an /e/OS issue. It’s quite annoying that there does not seem any obvious information or warning somewhere on the web that these important options are not included in current /e/OS versions fir FP3+.

If you have ideas for workarounds, just let me know. Thank you!

I searched a lot and did not find the solution yet. If you have any hints why the respective otions are missing on my FP3+ with /e/OS, please let me know. Thank you!!

Hi,
You have to click on “beruflich” or “privat” which are your 2 SIM cards. However, in the latest versions of /e/ OS there is no option to disable a SIM card.

Hi Shenol, thanks for your reply. What I don’t understand is: Why are such basic features missing in current OS versions, when they were already included in older versions? Is there an incompatibility with other newer features? And when will these options come back?

1 Like

Got my e FP3+ in autum 2021 and since then, I ve the same questions.
Why are such basic features missing in current OS versions, when they were already included in older versions? Is there an incompatibility with other newer features? And when will these options come back?
Strange!

1 Like

I’ve created this Gitlab issue, feel free to comment:

1 Like