Motorola G4 peregrine unable to reinstall twrp

@archie
But my phone is rooted, so why should it keep saying that TWRP needs to be updated.

@Manoj

No I didn’t, but when I looked for it on the Motorola site I couldn’t find it and via Google I landed on a number of dubious sites and my browser started screaming warnings, so I didn’t proceed. I don’t think it will be a solution though, because I can’t seem to install anything or even wipe anything, but if you could tell me where I can find the official Motorola flash software I’ll give that a try.

Still struggeling here. I bought a refurbished Samsung from E to support their privacy cause, so I’m not dersperate, but I’m really pissed off, that I can’t get the moto G4 to work anymore. I’m no computer wizzard, but not entirely dim either. I feel I’tried everything, so if someone has any idea that could help me, please let me know.

Still no succes. and still hoping that someone can help me :wink:

Does your device show up here on the motorola site …they have a chat support link there you can ask for their official software to flash the stock ROM.

Idea: Start from scratch and reinstall everything.

1. Moto G 4G/LTE Stock Firmware (XT1039/40/42/45) via Fastboot

2. TWRP for peregrine

3. → /e/ ROM latest dev build for peregrine dev (nougat)

alternatively: → Flashable StockROM via TWRP

TeamWin - TWRP
How can I uninstall or remove TWRP from my device?

For the vast majority of devices, you don’t actually remove TWRP to get back to the stock recovery. Installing a different recovery is your only real option. Simply install whatever recovery that you want and that will overwrite or replace TWRP. …

First I wrongly flashed falcon, and get error 7
I try the peregrine, since CPU MSM8926 seems to be it, but error 7 persist.
So I try your stock.zip file link, and it worked.
But when I try peregrine again (the /e/ nougat), it gets error 7 too.
I’m doing the wipe dalvik, cache, system, and formatting data before flash it.

If anyone had this problem and get it solved, please share =)
Thanks for your idea @archje