My wish list for /e/

Just to clarify … I don’t have much doubt it will happen, but the “soon” in which FM will supposedly disappear turned out to be a long-time running gag. I wonder whether the not so new DAB-capable radios in my household will still live to see the day in Germany :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Yes, I do understand the long-term gag :slightly_smiling_face:
In some countries, things are changing now. I cannot listen FM French radios in switzerland because signal is poor now. The only way is Internet radio. Such a shame :frowning_face:

1 Like

I also remember first talks about dab in Finland, now it seems dab will never happen in here. It’s just not worth the investment at small country with small population. It will be FM radio + online radio ( radioplayer.fi ) in here.

1 Like
  • an updater that has a better bar and less bugs
  • Bluetooth keyboard without virtual keyboard working
  • default apps that can be removed
  • improve the easy installer that can skip steps
  • charging level when phone off
  • no :warning: on the side of apps such as Signal when notifications are out
  • an home app that doesn’t bug

I think you can just turn this off by going into the (/e/OS) Settings → Notifications → Notification dot on app icon (uncheck this). Either you can set this for each app separately.

1 Like
2 Likes

I can use a BT keyboard (and a mouse, and a screen) with my FP4 with eOS.

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/enable-desktop-mode-on-the-fairphone-4-5g-use-it-as-a-desktop-laptop-or-game-streaming/88325

3 Likes

Thanks for your work to begin.

My Xiaomi Mi 9T has much much problem with the Android WebView that’s crashing all time.

-Please implement Mulch WebView or another alternative WebView in the e-build. At the same time that solve my issue, it de-google a little more the OS.

Best regards

Seconding this call for an option to have Mulch System Webview in an updatable form installed, along with Mull as the default browser, also updatable from F-droid (I tried doing it myself, but it didn’t work out). I just want reasonably hardened browser components that can be updated independently of /e/OS OTA updates. As it stands, I can’t even Disable the Bromite fork calling itself “Browser”, and of course it can’t be deleted.

The “Music” app is lacking a search feature, so it isn’t suitable for my music collection. Simple Music Player is a pretty reasonable replacement, for me, and at least I can Disable “Music”. I think I prefer “Music”'s interface slightly, though.

1 Like

Does this method fail for Browser?

2 Likes

Aha, thanks. No, that technique works fine to disable-user or uninstall the browser (or their reverse operations). I chose

$ adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 foundation.e.browser
Success
$ adb shell cmd package install-existing foundation.e.browser
Package foundation.e.browser installed for user: 0
2 Likes

Android Auto!
There is a aa4mg magisk module which has some stubs to fool Android Auto to think that the Google apps are installed.
Unfortunately rooting isn’t an option for me so I can’t use it.

https://github.com/sn-00-x/aa4mg

1 Like

I wish for automatic call recording. Speed adjustment in video player. Digit row in keyboard

Update APPs in the App Lounge ‘simpleX chat’ is out of date. Thanks. chat.simpleX.app

Most important for me it’s better cameras support in phones and improvement in efficiency/size/resources (KISS way).
Thank you /e/ team for your hard work!

1 Like

Yeah, but you can easily install the Openboard keyboard which can show a nice digit row on top.

DEL key, Arrow keys, Page UP/DOWN keys
Or a general keyboard for tablet mode — stock Samsung on tablets would be a good ref.

I would like a built-in backup-and-restore solution. [HOWTO] Backup and Restore Data on Android Devices - #135 by Klaas
(one that backs up all data, not the limited Seedvault).

7 Likes

That is more complex, then it appears. I have researched subject. There is a setting in application manifest, which controls whether app data can be backup or not. Android won’t backup apps, which deny that.

Yes, Appdata is one thing but it would be nice if other data would also be backed up. I know I can copy paste pictrues to a computer and vise-versa, just nicer if everything can be done in one job/task