No new Easy Installer instructions/steps after 'Do not install' TWRP

I am going to have to make a guess here! You are both from and using the Dutch language, perhaps there is a translation error in Easy Installer.

Do you see a button “Do not install” within TWRP at this point? What are you able to do at this point?

The “How to troubleshoot Easy Installer” link earlier includes a link to https://haste.tchncs.de/ which is the best way to share your log.

The Easy Installer offers no possibility to continue.

I can see that this would be the case!

Maybe it has never been reported.

Just to be clear, the phone returns to operational Samsung/Android?

That does seem like a loop … but please can you check out this video … I have to say I am not certain what state your phone is in, but if TWRP was uploaded successfully you would be able to get to TWRP in the same way seen in the video.

There is more information on this in a link I already gave Know your hardware - Samsung

In Post # 2 I mentioned “Keep read only” I just want to add this image, purely as a guess, in case it throws any light on a possible translation issue.
Keep-read-only

@piero, as you predicted correctly I can access TWRP but when I wipe /system, /data, /cache, and /davilk-art-cache and then go to install I see no e-latest-stable.zip. I downloaded I myself e.0.20-p-20211216151962-stable-dreamlte.zip and put it in the internal storage. After choosing installing a lot happens and after restart I see e with a jumping ball but… nothing further. In the end the phone returns to TWRP. What do I do wrong? You see I’m a dummie.

@piero, I forgot to mention that when doing what I described I got the message that the ‘zip verification signature failed’ so I guess something is missing but what???

Hi @frisober if I said something that caused offense I apologise. I will persist and try to help! :blush:

I think the most likely reason that you see the bouncing e, but that /e/ never fully opens is that the wipe of the data partition did not happen correctly. (Your Easy Installer instructions had you Power off - that itself was wrong not in the regular method.)

I suggest you review the manual install instructions https://doc.e.foundation/devices/dreamlte/install

Installing /e/ from recovery

and try again.

And you must uncheck the .zip signature verification box when you see it in TWRP.

Notice that I am using TWRP from the device and not from the PC as written in the instructions.

Also described here : Install the image of /e/OS on the ROM of your Samsung device without computer, with TWRP using the SDcard method

@aibd, that solved it! Thanks! Now it is running. I have some more questions like how to install Signal but I hope I’ll find that somewhere.