Notes App Not Syncing

Hi guys,

Activated my phone today, but the E/OS/ Notes app gives an error. Other apps like contacts are working fine. Any idea how I can solve this?

Thanks for any help,
Thijs

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi @ThijsH welcome to the /e/ forum. This might just be a problem with the /e/ servers. https://status.ecloud.global/

Thanks, aibd, but this has been going on for more than 24 hours, so I don’t believe that is the case. Thanks anyway. :slight_smile:

Hi,

What gives browsing the Notes folder ?

I opened this Notes folder on my iMac, and there it works fine. I also made one note there, for testing purposes. Yet on my smartphone I get the error, and I don’t see the test note. So there is an issue syncing from the central account to my smartphone.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: https://ecloud.global/index.php/apps/notes/api/0.2/notes (for the forum search to hit this)

the url paths in your screenshots are api 0.2 paths that still work. There are some changes at the server app but they’re backwards compatible last I looked.

Did you enable 2-factor-auth? then you probably need to enable an app-pass instead of using your login credentials.

There are filed issues, but they look inconclusive to me

1 Like

hey @ThijsH , does the error keep coming up, or was it indeed related to 2FA … Cannot Connect with Two Factor Authentication Enabled on Server · Issue #509 · stefan-niedermann/nextcloud-notes · GitHub ?

1 Like

Hi tceyk,

sorry for my late response, I don’t use 2FA, so it must be related to something else.

Thanks anyway,
Thijs

1 Like

Hi @ThijsH,

I have the same issue with my S9 and /e/OS v0.19 on Android Pie.

What is your context to get this issue?

On my side I had set up my /e/account after the setup wizard. Another point is that the notes sync works great on another Android Q device with the same /e/OS version and /e/account.

1 Like

Happening here too: on my daily driver and on phones that I’m testing v0.20-q test builds. File sync using NextCloud client app is fine. Notes sync is failing in NextCloud Notes and /e/'s Notes. Neither seem to pick up the changed files

App Version: 3.4.16
App Version Code: 3004016
App Flavor: fdroid

Files App Version Code: 30180090

OS Version: 4.4.247-whatawurst+(eng.pete.20211029.064951)
OS API Level: 29
Device: G8441
Manufacturer: Sony
Model (and Product): G8441 (G8441)

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.nextcloud.android.sso.exceptions.UnknownErrorException: Software caused connection abort
at io.reactivex.internal.util.ExceptionHelper.wrapOrThrow(ExceptionHelper.java:46)
at io.reactivex.internal.observers.BlockingMultiObserver.blockingGet(BlockingMultiObserver.java:93)
at io.reactivex.Maybe.blockingGet(Maybe.java:2321)
at io.reactivex.Observable.blockingSingle(Observable.java:5381)
at it.niedermann.owncloud.notes.persistence.NotesServerSyncTask.pullRemoteChanges(NotesServerSyncTask.java:219)
at it.niedermann.owncloud.notes.persistence.NotesServerSyncTask.run(NotesServerSyncTask.java:96)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:462)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)
Caused by: com.nextcloud.android.sso.exceptions.UnknownErrorException: Software caused connection abort
at com.nextcloud.android.sso.api.AidlNetworkRequest.performNetworkRequestV2(AidlNetworkRequest.java:172)
at com.nextcloud.android.sso.api.NextcloudAPI.performNetworkRequestV2(NextcloudAPI.java:171)
at com.nextcloud.android.sso.api.NextcloudAPI.lambda$performRequestObservableV2$1$com-nextcloud-android-sso-api-NextcloudAPI(NextcloudAPI.java:110)
at com.nextcloud.android.sso.api.NextcloudAPI$$ExternalSyntheticLambda0.subscribe(Unknown Source:6)
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.observable.ObservableFromPublisher.subscribeActual(ObservableFromPublisher.java:31)
at io.reactivex.Observable.subscribe(Observable.java:12284)
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.observable.ObservableSingleMaybe.subscribeActual(ObservableSingleMaybe.java:31)
at io.reactivex.Maybe.subscribe(Maybe.java:4290)
at io.reactivex.Maybe.blockingGet(Maybe.java:2320)
… 8 more

1 Like

I have created a GitLab bug report about this:

1 Like

Right from the start, after the setup, the issue started.

Well, I hope some useful advice will come in to solve this…didn’t spend much time on it yet, but I do want all this stuff to work, thank you.

After update to e-0.22-r-20220225165877 it still doesn’t work on my Fairphone 2.

I am a brand new /e/ user with a OP6. I have the same issue. Calendar and contacts sync fine with my home based Nextcloud (on Ubunto 20) but notes has same error shown above.

Sync Problem with Notes?

I get this error report, but I’m not sure who to report it to.
I am unable to do anything with Notes on my Teracube phone

App Version: 3.7.1
App Version Code: 3007001
App Flavor: ACCOUNT_MANAGER

Files App Version Code: 402060000
---
OS Version: 4.9.190-TeracubeOSS(eng.root.20230310.181034)
OS API Level: 29
Device: Teracube_2e
Manufacturer: Teracube
Model (and Product): Teracube_2e (Teracube_2e)
---
android.accounts.NetworkErrorException
at it.niedermann.owncloud.notes.persistence.NotesRepository.lambda$addAccount$2$it-niedermann-owncloud-notes-persistence-NotesRepository(NotesRepository.java:208)
at it.niedermann.owncloud.notes.persistence.NotesRepository$$ExternalSyntheticLambda5.run(Unknown Source:6)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:462)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)

there was an update to Notes from /e/ 1.8->1.9 that had issues, /e/ v1.10 should contain a fix - but your stack trace for the error is different to the ones reported at the recent thread about this - Notes on phone that wouldn’t sync lost after OS update. Any hope of recovery? - #2 by AnotherElk

Found a fix.
Clearing the cache and Note app data from memory resolved the problem.
As soon as I did that, it synced up and started working correctly.

Tried it out of curiosity and was amazed to find that it corrected the problem.

good that it solved your problem. What version did you experience the issue on, v1.9 ?

Must’ve been this line of code - kind of a blanket error if no sync is possible. Anyway…

V1.9.

I haven’t tried to use Notes since the upgrade, so I will pay more attention to changes in stored data from now on. Seems odd that the app gets hosed from corrupted data. You can’t even check settings or access an app reset button. Good thing Notes data was backed up in the cloud!