Notes: Synchronization failed

Hello,
I have been using the notes app and the Murena Cloud for about two years. And again and again there are synchronisation problems.

This is the error message:

App Version: 3.7.1
App Version Code: 3007001
App Flavor: ACCOUNT_MANAGER

Files App Version Code: 402060000

---

OS Version: 4.4.302-perf+(eng.root.20230413.024657)
OS API Level: 32
Device: OnePlus5
Manufacturer: OnePlus
Model (and Product): ONEPLUS A5000 (OnePlus5)

---

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Duplicate key 954
	at java.util.stream.Collectors.lambda$throwingMerger$0(Collectors.java:133)
	at java.util.stream.Collectors$$ExternalSyntheticLambda45.apply(Unknown Source:0)
	at java.util.HashMap.merge(HashMap.java:1256)
	at java.util.stream.Collectors.lambda$toMap$58(Collectors.java:1320)
	at java.util.stream.Collectors$$ExternalSyntheticLambda4.accept(Unknown Source:8)
	at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$3ReducingSink.accept(ReduceOps.java:169)
	at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1390)
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:485)
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:475)
	at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:708)
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:236)
	at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:517)
	at it.niedermann.owncloud.notes.persistence.NotesRepository.getIdMap(NotesRepository.java:465)
	at it.niedermann.owncloud.notes.persistence.NotesServerSyncTask.pullRemoteChanges(NotesServerSyncTask.java:208)
	at it.niedermann.owncloud.notes.persistence.NotesServerSyncTask.run(NotesServerSyncTask.java:96)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:462)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:920)

Is there a workaround?

is this on v1.10 already? I’m following Notes issues and your stacktrace is a new one… it exhibits a duplicate key error it doesn’t recover at the getIdMap function

After restart it should start empty and get the notes present on the remote.

1 Like

Yes.

I’m afraid I don’t know how.
All attempts to back up the files have failed so far. I have integrated the Murena Cloud into Linux Mint’s browser. But when I try to copy the Notes folder, the data is copied EXTREMELY slowly (~20 bytes/sec) and it stops in the middle.
Even when I access ecloud.global directly via the browser and want to download the folder, it takes an extremely long time and hangs at some point.

weird. What does it say about the Notes folders size, seen through the browser? I have no difficulties with folders of a few megabytes fetched as .zip

This morning the backup worked. And the reset also worked and the synchronization works again.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

issue is probably introduced by the migration that was created to rescue unsynced notes on the update from upstream v1.0->v3.7 when users lost notes.

(the whole affair solidifies my opinion on the Notes app shouldn’t be networked at all - just watch a device local folder and let a dedicated syncer do its task)