Ogg Vorbis decode not working on FP4

OK, there is now an issue ticket about this. Huge thanks to all who’ve helped me get this far!

1 Like

Maybe, I have a misunderstanding of idiomatic use of “trashing”.

The change of stable build to dev is not to be taken lightly.

Meanwhile the change of build type of one’s partner’s one week old mobile phone would be a serious issue (imho) even if it were still wrapped in cellophane.

Later edit. As a group of two Customers who would like (very reasonably) to be able to play Ogg Vorbis on their new Freephones you have the option to write to helpdesk@e.email pointing out your issue at gitlab.

I notice sometimes a gitlab issue is marked #Customer in these circumstances.

You might ask whether a fix might come to stable much more slowly than a dev device and would they recommend / support you to make the change to dev.

1 Like

I can confirm the same problem still exists on Fairphone 4 and ‘/e/OS 1.2 20220726206059’. Audio player: standard ‘Music’ app, and remains after updating to ‘/e/OS 1.3 20220823212872’.

… and so it did 3 weeks ago, you can call it a win if you want

https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/devices/android_device_fairphone_FP4/-/commit/ee46b2a6b37cdecdf5f23a770af701af269f96b6

not sure if this is in v1.9 images for FP4 yet though

It works! :slight_smile: I’m so happy. Finally I’m able to use my ripped CDs collection and not only rely on Spotify :slight_smile:

Tested on 1.9-s-20230310268290-stable-FP4.

2 Likes

Yes! Same phone and eOS version. Didn’t try until now, thank you for post it.