OnePlus X (onyx) adb sideload failed

I follow your solution and now i got

Invalid zip file format

:pensive:

I think I did the same mistake. You have to zip the 6-7 things that are inside the “e-0.5-n-…” folder and not the “e-0.5-n-…” folder.

1 Like

better but not good.

Installing zip file '/data/local/tmp/e.zip'
Checking for Digest file…
could not detect filesystem for /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system, assuming ext4
mount : failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system at /system: no such volume could not detect filesystem for /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata, assuming f2fs
mount : failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata at /data: No such file or director unmount of /data failed; no such volume
Patching system image unconditionally…
E1001: Failed to update system image.
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
Error installing zip file 'data/local/tmp/e/zip'
Failed to mount '/firmware' (Invalid argument)
Failed to mount '/system' (Invalid argument)
Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument)
Failed to mount '/cache' (Invalid argument)
Failed to mount '/persist' (Invalid argument)
…done
Unable to mount storage

Here is the updater-script file content :

ifelse(is_mounted("/system"), unmount("/system"));
package_extract_dir("install", "/tmp/install");
set_metadata_recursive("/tmp/install", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "dmode", 0755, "fmode", 0644);
set_metadata_recursive("/tmp/install/bin", "uid", 0, "gid", 0, "dmode", 0755, "fmode", 0755);
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system", "");
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh", "backup");
unmount("/system");
if is_mounted("/data") then
package_extract_file("META-INF/org/lineageos/releasekey", "/tmp/releasekey");
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/otasigcheck.sh") != "31744" || abort("Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset");
else
mount("f2fs", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata", "/data", "");
package_extract_file("META-INF/org/lineageos/releasekey", "/tmp/releasekey");
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/otasigcheck.sh") != "31744" || abort("Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset");
unmount("/data");
endif;
show_progress(0.750000, 0);
ui_print("Patching system image unconditionally...");
block_image_update("/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat") ||
  abort("E1001: Failed to update system image.");
show_progress(0.020000, 10);
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system", "");
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh", "restore");
unmount("/system");
show_progress(0.050000, 5);
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot");
show_progress(0.200000, 10);
set_progress(1.000000);

What kind of update do you do ? Is your device a A/B device ? If yes, I was wrong, because I thought your TWRP was installed correct.

There are several guides how to install TWRP on a A/B device like this (for tissot)
1)fastboot boot recovery.img (https://dl.twrp.me/tissot/twrp-3.3.0-2-tissot.img)

2)Change Partition slot using twrp[Reboot–> Change_Slot]
(for example, if you’re in slot A, change it to Slot B and Vice versa)

3)flash twp-installer.zip (https://dl.twrp.me/tissot/twrp-installer-3.3.0-2-tissot.zip)

4)fastboot reboot recovery (else do it manually by hardware key combination power+volume up)

1. copy ROM to device via MTP (file manager of PC)

2. flash ROM via recovery

1 Like

I don’t have the feature Reboot/Change_Slot on my TWRP device so I suppose that my device is not “A/B device”

mhm, I’m a little confused and I think I can’t find a solution for your device/problem. But I have found this here in forum. Hope it will help you

Thank you for your help @harvey186 :+1:
I try that too but I unfortunately whatever the ROM I try to flash the result is the same :exploding_head:

Hello, i got strange errors flashing my sony XA2. Maybe this works on your device too:
type these commands in a console on your computer:

fastboot boot twrp-3.3.0-2-tissot.img (this will boot TWRP but not flash)
adb shell twrp sideload (this will prepare twrp to receive ROM)
adb sideload e-0.5-n-201905099519-dev-onyx.zip (you have to be in the directory where this file is)

Wait until it’s ready (if this works)

1 Like

not better but thank you for your help @andrelam

My 2 cents: I flashed yesterday my OPX following this method without trouble. (twrp3.3.0.0)
Which version of adb are you using?

The only difference I notice: My working directory was /home/Download so I just type:
adb sideload e-0.5-n-201905099519-dev-onyx.zip

not the full path to the file

2 Likes

Thank you for your help @gchevalier

Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.40
Version 28.0.2-5303910

I also try everything from a PC instead of a Mac but no more success

I’ve been using adb 1.0.39 to flash, so I don’t think your problem is here…

In TWRP did you try to tap Wipe > Advanced Wipe, select “System”, “Data”, “Cache” and Swipe to Wipe

Yes Manoj thank you.
I follow the steps mentioned in the wiki https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/onyx/install

Hi @Manoj what about the “Smartphone mail-in” program ?

The ‘Smartphone-mail-in’ program will start soon. Dates once finalized will be announced on all channels.

Thank you @manoj, I will wait with my brick until the program start.
Let me know if you need a crash test candidate :sweat_smile:
CC. @GaelDuval

Is There Anybody Out There?
Here is my phone since I bkick my OPX
Please help :disappointed_relieved:

Hi @Manoj any update about the ‘Smartphone-mail-in’ program ?
:wink: