[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Pi/e/ test ROM for the LeEco S2

As some of you may be aware we are testing out the upgrade of our source code to Pie.
As part of that effort we have a Pi/e/ ROM for the Le 2 - “s2”
Before you proceed with the flashing and testing Please read the warning given below very carefully

• Please note this is a test build.
  • Please take a backup of your data before your proceed.
  • Not all of the applications have been migrated so far to the Pie branch and so there might be flashes of Lineage code showing up especially in the setup process. You may also be asked to choose between Trebuchet and Bliss Launcher.
  • In some devices we have noticed that return to Oreo or Nougat builds after flashing the Pi/e/ ROM is not possible
    If you are Ok with these warnings then you can download the Pi/e/ image for the Le 2 - “s2” is available for download here
  • Wipe dalvik, cache, system and data before flashing.

Feedback and comments are welcome.

3 Likes

Excellent build,day use as the main phone. There is a problem with auto brightness (a problem in lineage 16 too). Camera’s working!

Installed in the afternoon, everything is working for now. Better yet, the camera problem seems solved and the protonmail app works again. In addition, the interface seems more fluid. Pie brings a breath of fresh air.

However, the brightness does not seem to work properly and appears insufficient. In addition, for some apps, it is necessary to manually modify the energy saving rules for the notifications in background.

I’ve only been using this bluid for a few hours, I’ll modify this post as it evolves.

Great Great Job!

it’s not Oreo, it’s Pie!

1 Like

Yes, Sorry, lack of carelessness

I have camera issues in low light conditions, the camera won’t switch from back to front, and reverse.

I never used auto brightness, i activated it now, and i assume the problem is, the screen is way to dark, is that correct?

I’m going to try the camera in low-light conditions. For me the switch works (at least for now…under Oreo, the bugs were random).

For the brightness, indeed, in automatic mode, it is much too dark. Personally, I don’t use the automatic brightness mode. In manual mode, the brightness must be increased to 70% to obtain the correct brightness.

I fixed the Dark mode :grinning:, much brighter now. Download here It’s still a matter of personal preference, but i think this is quite good.

Great ! I will test it ! For the rest, everything works fine !!
Just one thing, but i have no evidence… Oreo seems to use more battery. But, for the moment, it’s just a feeling…

1 Like

Thank you! Good work!

1 Like

Is it possible to install the “update”, like a classical update and no like a “fresh install” ?

Yes, just install zip.

TheMajorTom via /e/ community community@e.email schreef op 19 juni 2019 14:31:02 CEST:

TheMajorTom

June 19

Is it possible to install the “update”, like a classical update and no like a “fresh install” ?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

andrelam
/e/ support

June 15

I fixed the Dark mode :grinning:, much brighter now. Download here It’s still a matter of personal preference, but i think this is quite good.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

– Verzonden vanuit /e/ Mail.

Hi !
If the camera for the photography works fine, i’have some issues with camera for video. Indeed, sometimes i’ve the famous “serious camera error”, just like under Nougat.

The weather widget is not updated!

This issue is known by the /e/ dev’s.

New update, click link in topic to download e 0.7.

1 Like

Update

1 Like

The weather widget is now updated! In the mail application, you cannot automatically add a microsoft account (live.ru), you need to register the parameters manually!

Update Telegram and Signal removed! Backup your data.

1 Like