I have just installed the GSI for not yet supported treble phones [2020/06/14] system on my Xperia ZX1 Compact, as described in this topic
Trying to use it I have come across the following problems
- Screen blanks when making a call - maybe receiving too. No acccess to dial pad. NO way to end call.
- See if it happens when receiving a call - yes. Screen goes blank.
- " with Simple Dialler Yes. It onnly happens when you move your phone.
- When Phone is default, status bar shows incoming call. Allowing answer & decline. If you answer, screen goes blank.
- When Simple Dialler is default, no way to answer phone in standy
- There is an issue about this, also with a Sony Xperia, though different model. I have added a comment.
- Smart restart to recovery only works intermittently. Mostly it restarts the system
- Can’t backup Data partition . Tried just restoring data, and boot, system & data. When I look in security settings, it seems the device is encrypted. Created new Issue #1610
CreateTarFor() process ended with error 255'
- When I boot, sometimes I see the \e\ start-up animation. More usually I see Sony boot screen, followed by ‘Powered by Android’ animation, followed by ‘Xperia’ startup animation. These are what you see when this device is booted in a Stock ROM
The result is that this phone isn’t usable for me yet as my daily driver. i will try the following in the coming days i will try the following:
1.Try to flash an unofficial Lineage ROM, either one I built myself or one from XDA. There are working 1.0 and 17.1 ROMs there
2. Try to flash the Unofficial /e/ ROM I built for myself
3. Revert to Stock ROM in preparation for a new GSI image