Remember that the enemy of my enemy is my friend (or, "Don't attack your teammates")

Waterfox has never been good enough for me (see analysis above) and now having a pay per click ad company as a background does not help much either. I hope projects like the Otter Browser will get more attention in the future.

Getting financing from a larger entity isnā€™t necessarily a bad thing. A pay-per-click advertising agency jumping onto the privacy bandwagon is concerning. Itā€™s already difficult to tell which ā€˜privacy-focusedā€™ providers are genuine and which are vultures in disguise. As tech giants are laying their dirty hands on everything they can, my private conspiracy theory is that thereā€™s a much bigger player behind System1.

4 Likes

my2cent: After the nice discussion over many browser alternatives Iā€™m confirmed in Firefox (an eventually derived Tor) for any installation. I believe that a community like /e/ may rise consistent usage and support to Firefox as a permanent and stable alternative contra-G. The configuration issue discussed here is a minor and solvable one.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.