S9Plus Installation failed

Hello, I read from e/OS today for the first time. I’m trying to install it to my S9Plus.
At the point the revovery mode started, the easy installer says klick “keep read only”.
The S9 Screen gives me just the following choices:

• Reboot system now
  • Reboot to bootloader
  • Apply update from ADB
  • Apply update from SD card
  • Wipe data/factory reset
  • Wipe cache partition
  • Mount / system
  • View recovery logs
  • Run locale test
  • Power off
  • Repair apps

Does ist mean, it didn’t work?

Thanks for your help!!!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi @S9Plus welcome to the /e/ forum.

This sounds very much like the “old” Samsung Android recovery. Does the text mention this?

I wrote an article here:

(The link should drop you into the middle of the article.) You should read the section “Your first boot into TWRP”, I think.

Easy Installer is not quite sufficiently explicit on this being slightly hard for anyone who has not flashed a Samsung with a custom ROM.

I can agree to your last sentence! I’m now at the point where EasyInstaller doesn’t recognises my S9+ and it won’t restart to android. At least it shows me now ‘Odin Mode’. I just don’t know if this is good or not?

I’m sure you have a hint for me! If not, is some interested in bying this good phone, just currently not running?
Best regards
Marc

So KG state : Prenormal is not a good thing.

The difficulty is knowing why it is there.

The bootloader is locked.

Are there any clues in my article that might apply for you?

(Warranty void = 0, means that you have not actually interfered with it and will be able to put it back to Samsung quite easily with Odin.)

Odin I’ll try.
Samsung gives Instruction from 1 to 9.

1 is the firmware. Do you perhaps can please give me an idea where to get the firmware easily if it’s possible? I made first experience where getting it is not easy at my first glance which is:

Thanks a lot. Regards

Marc

It runs at least under android again. This video helpt a lot too s. How to Install Samsung Stock ROM/Flash Firmware With Odin - No Rooting | Complete Guide 100% Free - YouTube
:blush: