Samsung galaxy S II

Of course, I respect your decision, but I would try last:

Instead of point “6. When the recovery has been installed, do not ‘Reboot’ …”

6a) go to the ‘Reboot’ menu in TWRP and select ‘Recovery’ to boot your Samsung Galaxy SII

7a) If you’re prompted with the ‘Install TWRP App’ screen, tap on ‘Do Not Install’

Note: With some devices you have to boot into recovery mode immediately otherwise the system overwrites the image again!

There is no prompt screen (like your second image). No option is given to tap “do not install”.

i was able to install this build of /e/ in my galaxy S2 , i think my twrp version was 3.1.1 or something like that

Thank you for sharing your experiences, @petew.

There’s also an image of mircoG: lineage-14.1-20190316-microG-i9100. In my opinion, this confirms that Android Nougat via customROM can work on the Samsung Galaxy S II i9100.

Hi all,
I installed the above release on my Galaxy SII and the installation process worked perfectly. But the build seems to be an old release of /e (0.7-n) with many features missing or not working (no browser, MicroG crashes Parameters, …). I tried to check for OTA update but nothing, maybe due to “Unofficial build”.
Is there any way to update the current build for Galaxy SII to make further tests ?
Thanks a lot.

Hi guys,
I also am trying to use my old 9100 with /e/, TWRP was upgraded from 3.2.3 to 3.3.1.
After formatting all partitions, I am stuck with “Impossble to map the file /sdcard/e-0.7-n-…”.

The pit of this device was modified to be used with rINanDO builds (14.1 15.1 16 and even 17.1 see https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives).
Do you have any recommendations to successfully flash /e/ on it ?
Thank you

Hi @Tintin,
You may flash back to lastest stock firmware first, and then flash TWRP and install /e/.

[How to flash back to stock firmware]
(Help to fix problems in i9300)

Pour bien comprendre
https://linuxfr.org/news/installer-lineageos-sur-son-appareil-android

Tres complet
http://blog.liberetonordi.com/post/eOS

Très clair
([HOWTO] Installer /e/ sur un smartphone Samsung avec Windows facilement)

Bonne journée…

2 Likes

Hi @piero, Merci beaucoup :slightly_smiling_face:
I will update my profile because I am playing with Samsung’s smartphone since Galaxy S and Cyanogen mod.

As I’m Linux user I did flash back to stock with Heimdall

2 Likes

If you have made flash back to stock ROM and it didn’t solve your problem, you may have to resize your partitions with TWRP isn’ it ?

Yes there are .pit files for older samsung devices to do a resize of the partitions and run on newer android versions… I actually have a sII running android 10, bit buggy but it works, i will try /e/ on it as well :smiley:
Edit: so for me it worked out of the box to install /e/, coming from lineage 17.1…

So weird, flashback OK, TWRP OK, Unofficial Lineage 16 OK, /e/ flash OK, reboot …
stuck on /e/ logo until the end of battery power (many hours).
Tried many times same result.

Any hints ?

For sure, you have :
formated /data, wiped /dalvik /cache /system between Lineage install and /e/ install,
wiped /dalvik /cache after /e/ install

yes sir !
I’ll give a new try … never know.

here you can find a Pi/e/ build and instructions to flash it for i9100…

2 Likes

Finally some progress!

I have bought a new PC with Windows 10, installed the Samsung drivers, Odin and used the new TWRP 3.3.1-1 tar.md5. Finally I managed to install TWRP. Than I copied the e-0.9-p-20200428-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip file to the micro SD-cart in the Samsung device and installed it and tried to reboot.
For more than a hour the screen is showing a “e” with a bouncing dot… and nothing happens.

Hi @Robby
you have to follow the steps by steps described by Chimpthepimp in the specific topic (modifying partitions size)

I understand.
Any suggestions where i gone wrong?

I managed to get in. I’ve changed some settings.
In TWRP I selected to mount “system” and I deselected the option to install the TWRP app.

Everything seems to work fine. Don’t see the activation button for GPS however.

Almost all apps I use are available. Apps from the government, insurance companies and the banks are not.

Firefox focus courses a system crash after opening the app…