Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Hi,

An update to Pie for the Samsung S7 edge(hero2lte) would be great.
Is there some other S7 edge users ? :slight_smile:

Thanks

6 Likes

Yep, it would be great. There are several roms on xda based on the unofficial Lineage 16 there, so I guess there’s at least a basis on which to build it. Hopefully someone who knows how to do it takes a crack at it. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Yes, I am using hero2lte too. But I need Android Pie, so I installed ResurrectionRemix. Would be very great, to have /e/ (pie) on this wonderful device.
But there is no support from Lineage! :worried:

That doesn’t matter for /e/OS development. This has been explained by the official site here in the forum several times.

/e/OS e-9-pie for Samsung Galaxy S7 (herolte) and S7 edge (hero2lte) will be available in the near future. There is no doubt in my mind.

It’s only a matter of time. Some maintainers are already busy building…

hero2lte / herolte → unofficial-microg-signed lineage-15.1…2019-12-12

hero2lte / herolte → unofficial-microg-signed lineage-16.0…2019-12-12

How does the /e/OS Build Team until then solve the big problem that of S7 / S7 Edge devices only in whole specific constellations, that is, BOOTLOADER DEVICE # ~ BINARY version # - exemplary error message

SW REV. CHECK TAIL (BOOTLOADER) DEVICE: 6 BINARY 2

In the /e/ documentation Install /e/ on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge there is not a word about it!

Another S7 Edge user here, eagerly awaiting a Pie build!

As it seems, an OS upgrade to 8-Oreo is planned first.

Really?? I don’t understand why they plan to update to the obsolete Oreo version instead of Pie.

In the meantime I also changed two devices (S7 and S7 Edge) with different OS versions of StockROM Oreo 8.0.0 to /e/ OS e-0.7-nougat. Read more …

Since September 2018 until May 2020 developers Ivan Meler based on Android 9 Pie builds LineageOS 16.0 for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - “hero2lte” and refers to the source code and local_manifests as well as roomservice.

Device codename “hero2lte” confirmed by:

adb shell getprop ro.product.device
hero2lte

The LOS 16.0 builds work well. I have installed them several times. Is it not possible to build a /e/ OS 9-pie ROM based on these findings?

:white_check_mark: Smartphon/e/ flashing service in the area of the Munich (MVV) upon consultation
:white_check_mark: Smartphon/e/ flashing service by DHL HERMES mail order (Bavaria, Germany, European Union (EU)
:white_check_mark: Smartphon/e/ flashing service by DHL mail order (European non-EU state;)
:white_check_mark: Smartphon/e/ flashing service by DHL International other target regions on request.
:pushpin:: First contact please by PM emessage Primary supported devices: Samsung (all) + LG G3 / G5

Hello everybody, here are good news! First Android ten for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with microG signed. Link :smiley: