Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 - SM-T310

Available Android version :

7.1.2 (Nougat) :
LineageOS 14.1 (unofficial) : https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-3/development/rom-cm14-1-t310-t3493393

Latest build (gr8nole) : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397955149

This build is generally considered stable (everything works), though some user have reported suboptimal performance.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I have been using that Lineage for a while and it works fine.

Would love to try /e/ on it, but there probably won’t be an /e/ for this device, right?

I have an Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T825) - not sure if that is the same - (I am not a nerd) and I would also love to see this on my tab.
It is still a very good device and working perfectly fine. Getting rid of the mass surveilance would be great.

@GalTabS3, you don’t have to be a nerd to realize very quickly when comparing the specs of the SM-T310 and SM-T825 that both tablets have nothing in common.

The Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T825) is clearly the more potent and still a premium tablet: fast, thin (only 0.24 in), 9.7" Super AMOLED display 1535 x 2048 pixels, USB Type-C 3.1, magnetic connector up to stock Android 9.0 (Pie).

You can find some UNOFFICAL custom ROMs + TWRP recovery builds for your Tab S3 “gts3llte” on the Internet. But my clear recommendation is: Get a /e/OS-Q GSI version 1.1 installed, based on AOSP 10.0, and your Tab S3 will climb new Android spheres with access to the /e/ ecosystem ( Murena Cloud, App Lounge², Advanced Privacy³ ) and will be much better equipped than with Google Samsung Stock Android 9.0.

²³Sorry, new users can only put two links in a post.

[LIST] /e/OS Supported Tablets

[quote=“Gianna, post:4, topic:22174”]
Get a /e/OS-Q GSI version 1.1 installed[/quote]
Well, to me GSI is dedicated more for devices without sources…

For the e-Team, unofficial sources, i.e. not directly from the LineageOS Android distribution, are like non-existent sources, and thus taboo. The chances of an official e-ROM are thus similar to zero. The /e/ GSI is more than a stopgap for me.

Unofficial sources = unofficial build

@forart.it

:eyeglasses: I’m talking about Galaxy Tab S3 SM-T825 all the time, not about SM-T310.

Well, then:

@forart.it, thanks. Well, then we’ll keep waiting for an unofficial build of /e/OS. For the time being, I’m enjoying my Tab S3 with the productive /e/OS-Q v1.1 GSI and watching with confidence the Fixes coming in v1.2.

Noob question…do you have installation instructions on how to install /e/ROM GSI to your Tab 3?
Thanks