Samsung Galaxy Tab2 espressowifi (two models 7 & 10)

Still very happy! Using (F-Droid) OpenLauncher instead of Bliss, gives me an app drawer.

What a joy to be able to run several modern apps that I couldn’t even install on stock 4.4.

The experience is not lightning fast, but hey, that’s the stone-age hardware’s fault, not /e/'s.

Battery life is definitely better than on 4.4 - probably due to better power saving in 7.1.

This is great. Thanks @Android-Andi

3 months later,
espresso3g : 167 downloads
espressowifi : 203 downloads

1 Like

Hi all,
I tried to install the latest build (0.9-n-20200618-1754) with USB-OTG on my P3110 (Tab 2 wifi) but I face an error when installing the zip on TWRP :
(…)
Patching system image unconditionally
E1001: Failed to update system image
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
Error installing zip file ‘/usb-otg/e-0.9-n-20200618-1754-UNOFFICIAL-espressowifi.zip’
Updating partition details…
… done

Any idea ?

I answer myself : did 2 things.

1. update TWRP to the latest release 3.1.1
  2. after formatting /data, reboot into recovery to be able to access /data (sometime useful to read the screen, even if this is a successful message :wink: )

/e/ is booting now !

1 Like

Hi all,

I have a difference between 2 Tab 2 7.0 :

• on one of these, /e/ is running fast and is working well
  • on the other one, /e/ is unusable, very slow and sometimes completely frozen

I tried third times to wipe the tab et reinstall it (no error) but I have the same issue… Maybe one indication : I have exactly the same thing with a lineageos 14.1 rom, but everything is going well with CyanogenMod 13 (lineageos 13.0 rom has a wifi bug).
Anybody has an idea ?

3 Likes

Bruh same but I have 5110 now, I have no idea why this is happening

In case someone has the same issue as @Cys, TWRP 3.4.x will fail installing most of custom ROMs. Go back to TWRP 3.3.x.
Now waiting for /e/ to boot on my espressowifi, but at least no fail during install and the logo animation is showing!

1 Like

Cant install on p3100 i get error 7 on twrp 3.4.0.0

@Mighty, as you can read above, there might be an issue with TWRP 3.4. Just downgrade to 3.3.x.x and try again.
Check also my previous posts about rebooting after formating /data

Didnt work
Its stuck at e logo
i dont think this is gonna develop more Andi did leave development didnt he?

“stuck at e logo” can only be caused by a faulty installation! And in no case TWRP 3.4.0-0 should be used but only TWRP 3.3.1-0.

@Android-Andi’s /e/ ROM’s work very well - on all models in all variants. Only the first start after installation takes a perceived eternity. Then Andy’s /e/ OS Edition runs on the TAB with only 1 GB RAM including phone calls with 2G.

Yes,
Andi has updated the sources and made a test build, but he don’t have time for further development…
sources are open !

Yup i downgraded to TWRP 3.3.1-0 from the official twrp website! Still its stuck on the logo for quite a lot of time
I am in no ways blaming Andi his work for the tab 2 is just awesome!

Yes i know i have been trying to build oreo myself but i have 2 issues
1 - Kernel is too old for oreo and i dont know how to update it
2 - My computer is well below the requirements to build AOSP

Yes lol i have been flashing roms from a long time i know xD

Installing the latest version of stock Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) sometimes works wonders. Then again TWRP 3.3.1-0 and e-0.9-n-20200618 * espresso3g / espressowifi. I know with absolute certainty that @Android-Andi’s ROM works well.

Okay will try thanks for still continuing development on this tab!
Hopefully I can help

Any idea if someone is developing Oreo or above Android versions?
Anything i can do to help?