Samsung S8 failed to re install /e/OS

Hello everyone,

I installed e on my samsung galaxy S8 (SM-G950F) in 2022. It worked fine for over one year. 2 months ago, the OS crashed and the phone booted on e/ recovery mode.

I tried to reinstall it following the installation guide for S8.
I got :
serving: ‘e-1.13-r-20230724313393-stable-dreamlte.zip’ (~47%) adb: failed to read command: Success on my console
and "Script succeded: result was [1.00000] on my phone.

But when I clicked on reboot, I went back to the downloading mode. And when I get to the recovery screen, I see “Install completed with status 3. Installation aborted”

What should I so ?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi @pAran welcome to the /e/ forum.

Firstly all of

serving: ‘e-1.13-r-20230724313393-stable-dreamlte.zip’ (~47%) adb: failed to read command: Success on my console
and "Script succeded: result was [1.00000] on my phone.

is normal

Are you using Windows or Linux ?

Did you follow the full steps to Format the device

Or was it your intention to recover the device with your data intact ?

In any event you may have success using a method where you transfer the downloaded_e_file_name.zip to internal storage or SD card and install it with the Recovery from there. (If you recovery allows this.) The method is described in detail here:

B) Transfer the /e/ ROM to the internal storage of the smartphone

Hi @aibd,
Thank you for your quick answer.

Yes, I am using linux.
I also formated my device, as described in the Howto.

Seems like my recovery doesn’t allow installation from internal storage. So I tried to do that with TWRP following [HOWTO] install /e/ on a Samsung device from a GNU/Linux PC successfully

But when I try to format data, I get this screen :

EFS partition is where IMEI is stored
you can recover it by flashing Samsung firmware

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.