The main factor behind the success of any project is the freshness of its ideas and the innovations it brings to the table. Keeping in line with that concept w/e/ are looking towards you to share your ideas and recommendations for features you want to see in /e/.
To say that this is a new way or a new process would be wrong. Most of you have been doing this for some time on the forum. Just that now we want to have a formal format for this.
The process of sharing an idea is as under:
- It starts when you the /e/ user have a suggestion or an proposal for a feature you want to see in the /e/ ROM
- You create a ‘New Topic’ on the Forum with the tag [FEATURE PROPOSAL] in the title
- In the Topic you out-line what you want to see in /e/ .
- Add all the advantages of having the feature in your initial post + add all additional detail and information about the feature
- Other users will read it and comment and add to the topic
- Let that topic remain for at least a month on the forum . During this time we should have a fair number of comments for and against the feature .
- Once you think you have a good number of suggestions and ideas summarize it and create an issue on Github. Also put in a link to the Topic on the forum.
- We will have the development team take it up and evaluate the proposal from a design and development standpoint.
- The development team will also inform in case it is not possible to code the feature – the reason will be provided on Gitlab
- The feature proposal will now be tracked to closure on Gitlab.