[SOLVED] Build for lilac wont run - eventually reboots to TWRP

(@petefoth isn’t the workaround in backlog#3712 supposed to be no longer needed? I didn’t test yet, but it is marked resolved and saw changes)

Yes that is true - it’s a while since I’ve looked at this.

I was able to dirty flash suzuran from Q → R but doing so means that SeedVault is not enabled in the R ROM, when it is supported after a clean install.

I was not able to successfully dirty flash z3c, the other official device I support.

And for lilac, the question does not arise, since I cannot produce an up-to-date R build :frowning:

I will be creating a new forum post about this, and raising the issue in the development team to find a way of supporting the ‘upgrade from Q → R without losing user data’ use case

Please see this post:
https://community.e.foundation/t/howto-upgrade-q-r-suzuran-z3c/38666

I think that those documents should be pulled for now, especially as it is not yet possible to upgrade Q → R without losing at least some user data and/or access to some Android R functionality. More thought needs to go into how to manage the upgrade process, and the process should be tested thoroughly beforeit is published: the current process is an undocumented mess, and not good enough (in my humble opinion :wink: )