Spotify not able to download podcasts

Hello all,
recently I noticed that using eos on my Samsung A5 2017, I am not able to download podcasts to the device, eventhough it was possible a while back. There is not issues with music, only podcasts that I want to download to listen later without the internet connection. After hitting the download icon, the wheel starts spinning but nothing happens.

I found a threat on the spotify website with the same problem, say its because the OS is not supported. Anyone knows why this happens and if that can get fixed?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/podcasts-won-t-download/m-p/5731404#M106013

Thanks

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I guess this goes back to what security levels Widevine (the digital rights management) can ensure. If the Spotify app fails to request a specific level it denies it won’t download.

I keep forgetting specifics, but you could try searching for a liboemcrypto.so and remove it, seems to work for other (Samsung) users at

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.