Succesfull installation of Pie test build on Xperia XA2 (pioneer)

Flashtool will work for restoring Android 8.0 but not 9.0, there is a bug

I’ve been trying that over the last week :grimacing: and confirm it will not boot into 9.0, even when you manage to flash it at all (using the hack described in the bug report!)

Other info about a critical bug in the stock firmware for the XA2 is a cause for concern too.

Apart fom that…

@petefoth, In order to use the FLASHTOOL, where can I get the .ftf files for my device. Tried the ExperiFirm and the files are unavailable.

@jkalayathil I have in the past downloaded firmware for Xperia devices from https://xperiastockrom.com/flash-sony-xperia-stock-rom. I think I originally found them by following links from the XDA Forums and decided to trust them. This page has links to firmware for different XA2 model numbers.I suggest you make very sure you have the correct version for your device.

It’s your decision and your risk whether to trust them and their software for your devices. I can only say that I have had no problems on the rare occasions (maybe two) that I have used them.

I had sent my phone (Xperia XA2) to the local Sony service company and they are of the opinion that the unit has been deemed beyond economic repair due to Unauthorized software modification (Device Rooted)
I am not sure on how to proceed now.
In the meantime I will try to get a Google phone to flash the /e/
I have another unit a LG Q6 available to flash /e/ but this particular model is not in the list of supported phones, maybe because the Q6 in not a popular model in Europe.