Touchscreen freeze on redmi note 9

I know that touchscreen freezes are a common issues on Xiaomi redmi phones. But in my case and in the case of many others it started happening over the years so I always attributed it to some stock firmware update from Xiaomi. As it happened randomly I was assuming it was a software issue.

I just flashed mine to /e/OS 2.1 and it turns out that I am suffering again from it.

Has anyone tried replacing the screen on a redmi that was suffering from this? Did it solve the issue? Mine had quite a rough life and fell a few times to the floor so there is that. Also I live in quite a humid climate. The strange thing is despite falling a lot of time and not having a single protection, the screen is in good shape physically while I am waiting for the 4th replacement screen of another smartphone I own, a Samsung, on which I always put a protector.

Or should I just admit defeat and retire that smartphone for good?

I noticed a point in your “install experience”

I see why you experimented like this but /e/OS will depend on the latest firmware revision to get correct hardware performance.

I might be inclined to go back to stock ROM and experiment to see if you have a touch screen problem there.

I have not checked, but perhaps find out for sure what was the latest firmware revision for this phone and use this next time immediately before installing /e/OS.

I was using the latest stock rom version ( MIUI 13.0.3.0.SJOEUXM) before trying to install /e/OS and I was already suffering from this problem. I didn’t have this problem in the first year of using the phone (but can’t recall which firmware version it came with at purchase).

The internet is filled with people complaining about this issue on various xiaomi redmi models so this seems like a common issue. But obviously you never hear of people who don’t have problems so this makes me a bit undecided wether I should insist and try a installing a new screen for around 15€ or if I should call it a day and decided to never purchase anything from this brand.

At around 15€ the new screen+frame it might be worth giving it a try, especially if I equip it later with a sturdier protection as I hate generating waste but I would probably feel better if I heard about people doing the same operation and fixing the issue for good. All the supposed fixes I have heard for this issue so far were rebooting the phone but it is just a workaround and it doesn’t work every single time so you might attempt it for minutes if not hours before it comes back, annoying if you have an important call, need your phone for 2FA or have to show your digital boarding pass at an airport.

I’ve owned 3 Xiaomi models, and never experienced touch screen issue.
And nope, never tried replacing display as I had no need of.
Current device is poco x3 nfc, been using it for 3 yrs or more (still good battery life and display is good, except it gets too dark in dark room with automatic brightness on no matter what ROM I’m on)

4th display replacement… have you been dropping phone frequently?
If that’s the case, you may want to handle your phone more carefully.