Troubles on installation of an authentification app: L’Identité Numérique by La Poste

Hello,

I will share a french problem, with an authentification application named “L’Identité Numérique”
Link to this application presentation page: https://lidentitenumerique.laposte.fr/

I guess it is really easy to install when you have a phone with Google or Apple (they argue it would take you “30 seconds”).

The problem is, without Google or Apple, it is an absolute pain.

So it is not normal from them, and it is moreover a shame from the french administration which indirectly relies on private american companies to authenticate their citizens (for procedures such as using your formation rights, or also completing administrative elements for your company…)

But it is also important to find a solution for /e/OS users, which are not all experts on advanced device management such as installing several command-line tools to try to get a better situation.

By this post, I would like to identify which solutions worked, for who. And also to identify who is still waiting for a working solution. I’m looking for testimonies, and to put some data in a table, to get statistics. It can be helpful for us, and maybe later to write a letter to project managers in charge of the “L’Identité Numérique” app.

We can start like that, and I will take your feedbacks.

Username Device (nom commercial) Device (référence) /e/OS version number Error message from L’Identité Numérique Problem Solved ? Solution Tried and details.
legrec14 Samsung S9 SM-G960F e_startle-user 10 QQ3A.200805.001 eng.root.20230914.215026 Dev-keys,dev-release Erreur TO-03 NO Connect microG with Google Account. Now I can’t see any apps on AppLounge and Aurora. I also deleted cache and local data. My GPS position and IP adress are not fake ones.
milto Erreur TO-03 YES Connect microG with Google Account. Unconnect microG after the account creation completed on L’Identité Numérique. Link:Configuration de l'identité numérique de la Poste
1 Like

Hi @legrec14

first thing is to update your device to latest /e/OS-1.21

that is announced to pass safetynet and rootbeer detection.

Hello @piero , thank you for your answer and advice !

For sure I will update my system.

I have 2 questions:

• should I update to R or to T, to ensure the easier user experience?
  • can I update directly from 1.15-Q to 1.21R (or 1.21T) without doing anything else than what users explain here: Update from 1.19.1-s to 1.20-t on beyond2lte ?

so i presume you are on e-1.15-q-20230914331056-dev-starlte

i do not have the same device so i have not encountred the same situation.
general advises are :

• save (copy-paste) the content of “internal storage” on a microSDcard or on your computer
    could be usefull if during the process you will be forced to format /data (including the internal storage content)
  • if TWRP is présent on your device, make a backup of all partitions
    /data (except the internal storage content) will be usefull if during the process you will be forced to wipe /data (except the internal storage content) or format /data (including the internal storage content)
    /system will be usefull if you want (need) to restore your device at its actual state (e-1.15-q + your apps & settings)
  • also read and follow https://doc.e.foundation/support-topics/backup-and-restore-ephone.html

Check if you have already latest Samsung firmware installed by compare your baseband version
(viewable in → settings → about the phone → android version 10 → baseband version)
latest is G960FXXUHFVG4, builded date 2022-07-22 vendor secutity patch date 2022-03-01
if not, go to SM-G960F/XEF/G960FXXUHFVG4 (french free from carrier)
other countries : https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-G960F

disable security code or gesture at boot

then you can go with latest e-1.21-t, intermediate versions are not usefull
first try a “dirty flash” (without wiping anything)
you can go direct to step (8) or (9) BUT WITHOUT WIPING OR FORMAT ANYTHING ( no factory-reset)

Please share feedback…

1 Like