[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] A Pi/e/ test ROM for the FP2

So far it looks fine…

…and everything seems to work.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update @ff2u

1 Like

The Latest FP2 build is available here. Please note the build version has changed to e-0.7-p-xxxx .No changelogs available for now with test builds.

1 Like

Thanks!
The update process was smooth and all seems to run fine so far.

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation @ff2u

1 Like

I built my own pie version with my own OTA server built-in to make updating a bit smoother.
So my observations:

• in general it’s stable, of course we’re still missing some features from nougat /e/…
  • this nasty bug is fixed: Fairphone 2 (FP2) workaround
  • updating from nougat (unencrypted) without wiping everything lead to some instabilities…
    • the lock settings got faulty at some point making the whole UI crash when trying to un-lock the screen (I could fix it by renaming some files)
    • Signal couldn’t start as it seemingly lost it’s encryption keys
  • Pie->Pie updates are super fast :heart:
  • as there’s no pie/oreo stock roms available that obviously won’t have to be mentioned in any install guides (and… I actually never had any issues just installing any custom rom without flashing stock rom first… so I think that’s quite unnecessary… but maybe that’s the only way to downgrade or something…)

@ff2u I’m currently building with docker (using the dev tag)… if you’re interested in OTA support, you can have look here. The checksums are available with just .md5sum / .sha256sum added to the link.
I’m aiming for updating at least every week.

1 Like

This is great news! So the last version with version nr. 0.7 is a Android Pie build? I was waiting for some time to test /e/, as I did’t want to go back from the Android running with Lineage OS+microg… now this seems possible.

One question I have! Do you think it could be possible to backup my data partition from my current LOS+microg and restore it after flashing /e/ in order to not to loose my apps (I know music+fotos etc I have to store aside)???

/e/ version 0.7 not related to android version, its unofficial pie test builds, better try this one cuz this support ota A Pi/e/ test ROM for the FP2 , you try backup with twrp or with titanium backup.

Thanks for your fast reply. So the 0.7-nightly is still another android version?
I would try to backup with TWRP!

and as it is still a test build: how difficult it is to switch to an official version when out?

i think it will be easy because sources are same, even unofficial builds we use official sources from lineageos so i think you can simply reflash zip.

1 Like

can I just flash the zip via TWRP after wiping system, cache, davlik? Or do I have to go via fastboot?

-> Ok I flashed it without problem… However if I restore my data partition, it doesnt work… so probably now I have to look into how to root and install Titanum-Backup

yeah :wink:
I’m updating every few days (e.g. today)

I cannot find any information on how to root with /e/! Are there instructions somewhere? I would need root for titanum backup…

flash magisk via twrp https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/v19.3/Magisk-v19.3.zip

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Switched to the build of @fodinabor ! Everything works pretty nice. Except that my banking app detects that the phone is rooted, eventhough I tried to hide it in Magisk Manager…

You could remove magisk after restoring all your apps or - if possible - you might try out version 19.2. For one of my apps root could not be hidden using version 19.3 while with 19.2 it works.

I uninstalled Magisk simply as I don’t need root exept for titanum backup… However my banking app still complains about security issues (“may be your devices is rooted”). Also the update of today didn’t help… Might the app detect, that it is an “unofficial” version of /e/?

How you uninstalled magisk? Only uninstalled app? Try flash this https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/v19.3/Magisk-uninstaller-20190604.zip also i think its not about official or unofficial /e/, its about stock vs custom rom, a lot of banking apps dont want work correctly on custom roms, if your app working good except this warning you should not worry about it.

Hi @Leon, some banking apps do not work on custom ROM. Official or unofficial once they detect that the ROM is a Custom ROM they either crash or display a message such as ‘Your device is rooted…’ and stop.