[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Pi/e/ test ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4mini - *"serranoltexx"*

@Chimpthepimp, thanky you.

» TWRP for serranoltexx

1 Like

Hello Chimpthepimp,
…so far, so good ! My second s4 mini is working well, until now, no fc’s … My personal reason to stay with a personal install of LOS16 unofficial (by ‘arco68’, xda) is mainly esthetics (don’t like the BLISS-launcher) and the joy of tinkering…:slightly_smiling_face: :
Also, I opted for a tts-engine (not open-source : VocalizerEx2) and a stt-solution. Therefore I installed a very old version of the"Google-App" (2.7.9.789824.arm), which seems to act well without any play-services and is restricted to use oft microphone only (no “reading contacts” or whatsoever…). I didn’ t patch the LOS-ROM for signature-spoofing and opted for an available standalone NLP-solution (unifiednlp, flashable ZIP through TWRP) instead oft MicroG…
But I’ m glad you did the build, especially as the security-patches seems to slowly vanish for LOS 14.1 … BTW, do you plan another build with december-patch integrated !?
…Maybe I’ll switch, I just had another week with your build as “daily driver” and slowly begin to accomadate with BLISS-launcher… :wink:

1 Like

i can just do one if ou wish :slight_smile:
also you can install any launcher you want on android so you are not obligated to use blisslauncher ( have a look at lawnchair or such :wink: ) and for los14.1 the security patches apparently stopped in november…

Hey,
thanx a lot for your reply !! yes, I’d be interested in another build with uptodate-security-patch !!
Maybe, this would lead the up to now “unofficial-build” status to gain “official” or “community-based”, which would be very nice ! It could ensure to continue using this
little phone even longer… :-))
Greetings,
npfp

You can find the build here

2 Likes

Thank you @Chimpthepimp .

1 Like

Thanx very much !! , Chimpthepimp

1 Like

Merci @Chimpthepimp :+1:

1 Like

Bon Jour / Soir,
Crois-tu qu’après deux mois il serait intéressant de construire une nouvelle ROM, ou pense tu que les sources n’ont pas connue d’évolutions suffisament significatives ?
La version 1.0 officielle est pour bientôt !
Cordialement.
Piero.

Sorry for answering in english, my french isn t the best anymore,… The only thing updated will most likely be “only” the security patches. Anyway you can find the new build here

2 Likes

Thank you master
I don’t see any problem with this ROM Build’s series thince I use it ( begin of January 2020 )

find latest build from yesterday night here

1 Like

@Manoj could you make the main post editable for me so i can adjust the link in it? thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Pl check now have made it into a wiki.

1 Like

Hi jannes, thanks for the build, I installed it today, but I already see that it is fine!!!

One question if I can: will you keep updating it from time to time, or will it stand still in June?

Thanks anyway! :+1:

Claudio

I will update it as long as it wont get official… These past months i was busy with studies but that should be finished for now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

After some days of regular use, I can say that the Pie unofficial build for serranoltexx is working fine.
I hope that will be one of the /e/ supported devices! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Hi @Chimpthepimp - sounds like great work! Still hard for me to believe that PIE is possible on the S4 mini. So I would like to give it a try.

I am still a real beginner. I have just successfully flashed for the first time a custom rom: /e/OS on my old S4 mini (GT-I9195). And it works! Now I am very keen on learning and getting more practice, as I really think /e/ is a great project (I already switched my personal phone to an S7 edge from the /e/-store).

I have 2 small questions

• I installed /e/os nougat with TWRP 3.3.1. (not the latest version 3.4.0 as this apparently provoked in some cases an error 7 as written in this thread thread). Would you recommend me to update TWRP to 3.4.0 for the installation of the pie version or can I go on with 3.3.1.?

• Just to be sure I understand correctly: BEFORE installing I start TWRP > Wipe > and then select system, data and cache (and nothing else such as e.g. Dalvik/ ART cache)? Afterwards I can directly install the zip file of the PIE version - is that correct?

Keep TWRP 3.3.1.0

1 Like

Actually i have the 3.4.0 running on my s4mini just fine :slight_smile: but it really is upto you, stick to the one that is working for you :slight_smile:

1 Like