[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (Wi-Fi) (gts210wifi)

Device info https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/gts210wifi
Rom https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=300831

Please Note: This is an Untested build. Please try at your own risk.

Thanks for working on Tab s2. Mine is model number SMT815Y, is this the correct model to try your rom on?
Thanks.

I made an update for this device, enjoy :slight_smile: :

e-0.9-n-20200717-UNOFFICIAL-gts210wifi.zip
TWRP : https://dl.twrp.me/gts210wifi/

Don’t forget to backup and share your experience, thanks :wink:

2 Likes

Hi

Following my post, I found this one and download to give a try at you unofficial /e/ build.
Unfortunately, my Tab S2 device is looping at boot on /e/ logo (my data is MY data).

TWRP 3.6.0
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.41 Version 32.0.0-8006631
on Linux Mint 20

For me it worked. e-0.9-n successfully installed on my S2 Tab 9.7 SM-T-810.
Any guidance how one can build a new unofficial build? I have some experience with building own unofficial e version but not for this device

The LineageOS dt has stopped at CM14.1 as seen here GitHub - LineageOS/android_device_samsung_gts210wifi.

But one of the 15 forks has been updated to 18.1 GitHub - universal5433/android_device_samsung_gts210wifi. You could start there.

Thanks a lot. So LineageOs is now to 18.1 What about e OS? I would build myself but seems to be difficult for this device

I favour the idea of just building Lineage first, perhaps at 17.1. This hopefully gives you a working roomservice.xml more quickly than waiting for /e/ to build. (Once that builds and works, just start an /e/ build.)

Proprietary blobs are reported troublesome for Samsung, but proprietary_vendor_samsung/gts210wifi at lineage-17.1 ¡ TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung ¡ GitHub look available at least at 17.1.

Where else might you think “difficult” ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Once that is done, building LineageOS4Microg becomes very straightforward, and it’s relatively easy to add in the upstreams of /e/'s forked apps (K-9 Mail, Etar, QKSMS, NextCloud sync client and Notes, OpenTasks, DAVx5 and ICSx5), leaving you with pretty much the same functionality as /e/OS.

I’ve already made such a build for a couple of Android Q Sony devices, and I will be spending time soon doing it for the Sony devices which are currently stuck on Nougat. If When I get it working, I will make any manifests and scripts available to others so they can be used to build for other Nougat and Oreo devices which are being abandoned by /e/.

1 Like

Cool thanks. That seems the way to go for the subset of Nougat / Oreo devices facing the chop where no Lineage dt forks can be found beyond CM14.1 like suzuran. https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_suzuran/network/members.

Actually building /e/ as proposed by @ronnz98 but at say 17.1, may expose more light on where the difficulty to jump out of Nougat is not fully known to us.

I tried now to start building LineageOS 14.1 for this device but stuck with this error message… any ideas?

ronnz@ronny-zorin16pro:~/android/lineageTEST$ brunch gts210wifi
including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh
Looking for dependencies in device/samsung/gts210wifi
Looking for dependencies in device/samsung/gts2-common

============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=7.1.2
LINEAGE_VERSION=14.1-20220902-UNOFFICIAL-gts210wifi
TARGET_PRODUCT=lineage_gts210wifi
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a53.a57
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-5.15.0-46-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.29
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=NJH47F
OUT_DIR=/home/ronnz/android/lineageTEST/out

make: Entering directory ‘/home/ronnz/android/lineageTEST’

PLATFORM_VERSION=7.1.2
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=NJH47F

Running kati to generate build-lineage_gts210wifi.ninja…
Environment variable BUILD_NUMBER was modified (41b27aac71 => ee0e69d94e), regenerating…

PLATFORM_VERSION=7.1.2
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=NJH47F

find: ‘/home/ronnz/android/lineageTEST/out/target/common/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwifi-hal-mock_intermediates’: No such file or directory
build/core/binary.mk:37: libgdmcprov uses kernel headers, but does not depend on them!
build/core/binary.mk:37: provisioningagent uses kernel headers, but does not depend on them!
build/core/binary.mk:37: libcommonpawrapper uses kernel headers, but does not depend on them!
File “build/tools/diff_package_overlays.py”, line 88
print r
^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to ‘print’. Did you mean print(r)?
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/av/media/libeffects/data/audio_effects.conf:system/etc/audio_effects.conf ignored.
build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding commands for target /home/ronnz/android/lineageTEST/out/target/product/gts210wifi/system/lib/libhwjpeg.so' build/core/base_rules.mk:320: warning: ignoring old commands for target /home/ronnz/android/lineageTEST/out/target/product/gts210wifi/system/lib/libhwjpeg.so’
build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding commands for target /home/ronnz/android/lineageTEST/out/target/product/gts210wifi/system/lib/omx/libOMX.Exynos.AVC.Encoder.so' build/core/base_rules.mk:320: warning: ignoring old commands for target /home/ronnz/android/lineageTEST/out/target/product/gts210wifi/system/lib/omx/libOMX.Exynos.AVC.Encoder.so’
build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding commands for target /home/ronnz/android/lineageTEST/out/target/product/gts210wifi/system/bin/mcDriverDaemon' build/core/base_rules.mk:320: warning: ignoring old commands for target /home/ronnz/android/lineageTEST/out/target/product/gts210wifi/system/bin/mcDriverDaemon’
Starting build with ninja
ninja: Entering directory `.’
[ 0% 20/33245] build /home/ronnz/android/lineageTEST/out/target/common/obj/all-event-log-tags.txt
FAILED: /bin/bash -c “build/tools/merge-event-log-tags.py -o /home/ronnz/android/lineageTEST/out/target/common/obj/all-event-log-tags.txt frameworks/base/core/java/android/app/admin/SecurityLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/android/content/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/android/speech/tts/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/android/webkit/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/com/android/internal/logging/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/packages/SettingsProvider/src/com/android/providers/settings/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/services/core/java/com/android/server/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/services/core/java/com/android/server/am/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/ex/common/java/com/android/common/GoogleLogTags.logtags frameworks/native/services/surfaceflinger/EventLog/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/opt/telephony/src/java/com/android/internal/telephony/EventLogTags.logtags packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/EventLogTags.logtags packages/providers/CalendarProvider/src/com/android/providers/calendar/EventLogTags.logtags packages/providers/ContactsProvider/src/com/android/providers/contacts/EventLogTags.logtags packages/services/Telephony/src/com/android/phone/EventLogTags.logtags system/bt/btif/…/EventLogTags.logtags system/bt/hci/…/EventLogTags.logtags system/core/liblog/event.logtags system/core/libsysutils/EventLogTags.logtags system/core/logcat/event.logtags system/core/logd/event.logtags”
File “build/tools/merge-event-log-tags.py”, line 51
except getopt.GetoptError, err:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
[ 0% 20/33245] target Java: core-lambda-stubs (/home/ronnz/android/lineageTEST/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-lambda-stubs_intermediates/classes)
File “build/tools/normalize_path.py”, line 25
print os.path.normpath(p)
^
[ 0% 20/33245] target Java: core-libart (/home/ronnz/android/lineageTEST/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-libart_intermediates/classes)
^
[ 0% 20/33245] host Java: jarjar (/home/ronnz/android/lineageTEST/out/host/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/jarjar_intermediates/classes)
^
[ 0% 20/33245] target Java: core-oj (/home/ronnz/android/lineageTEST/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-oj_intermediates/classes)
^
[ 0% 20/33245] host C++: aprotoc <= external/protobuf/src/google/protobuf/descriptor.cc
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
make: *** [build/core/ninja.mk:152: ninja_wrapper] Error 1
make: Leaving directory ‘/home/ronnz/android/lineageTEST’

make failed to build some targets (15 seconds)

Building nougat/cm-14 /e/OS ROMs has been broken for a while unfortunately. I saw similar errors last time I tried to build one.

The last successful nougat build I made was back in June, using the v-0.21-nougat tag in my build. You could try that.

I also seem to recall that building LineageOS and Lineage-for-MIcrog for nougat broke around the same time, but I don’t have details and I may be wrong. Good luck!

ok thanks. Then I think I give up since non supported devices by Lineage are hard to build and my experience is limited. Hopefully more tablets will be supported by Lineage and hopefully a also at least one 8" tablet. I would love to see the Samsung tab s7 supported

@Deltadroid successfully builds custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S2 (T813 and T713) based on LineageOS 14.1, currently with Android Security Patch Level August 2022.

Read more in his XDA thread [ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] [LineageOS 14.1] [T813] [T713] Delta Nougat

1 Like