[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Sony Xperia Z5 Compact (suzuran)

I upgraded my phone to 0.14-q the other day. It seems to work. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
I was so happy to find out, that I could possibly get my sisterā€™s old phone to work.

0.14-q does not work for me.
The phone app crashes, but the call goes out anyway, so I canā€™t hang up.
I get a pop-up (of the crash) that comes up again and again, even if I dismiss it.
I can only close the popup without it appearing again, if the other person hangs up.

0.13-q seems to work, but:
If the phone is off, I plug in the charger, the battery charging indicator stays red.
I mean, the end of the charge cycle is not shown or heard, only if I push the power button can I see how it is doing.
After fully charging it, when the phone is turned on, I get the green light, while charging.

Something wasnā€™t quite right with USB file transfer, but it works now with debian 10.
(It wouldnā€™t connect or the file manager was giving me errors. Just rebooted my PC and itā€™s fine now.)

This is a known bug: issue #2391 affecting several devices, including this one. The easy workaround is to install ā€˜Simple Phoneā€™ dialer app from f_Droid, and set is at the default phone app.

I hope the issue gets fixed soon, but I find the phone works fine with ā€˜Simple Phoneā€™ installed

Thanks @petefoth for the continual builds!

I upgraded to 0.14-q from 0.11 yesterday, and installed the Dialer app by Tibor Kaputa to workaround the known bug.

One issue I had was that Signal, which I use for SMS, kept crashing after the flash. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, which worked, but I also realized that I had lost all my contacts some time during it all. So just a reminder to backup before you update!

1 Like

Thereā€™s a new unofficial build available

Changes include

• Android security patch level: 5 February 2021
  • An FM radio app has appeared: it seems to run, but I canā€™t hear anything :slight_smile:

I have flashed it and tested it a bit:

• it makes and receives calls with the Simple Dialer app - the built-in ā€˜Phoneā€™ dailer crashes. This is a known bug #2391
  • it sends and receives SMS and email.

But please use at your own risk, as always!

1 Like

No more unofficial builds for this deviceā€¦

ā€¦ because it is now officially supported. :slight_smile:

e-0.15-q build, along with installation instructions is available here

2 Likes

Belated acknowledgement, which applies to all of the unofficial ROMs posted by me in this thread:

/e/ OS on the Xperia Z5 Compact is based on the unofficial LineageOS 17.1 ROM made by Bernhard Thoben (Professor-Berni on github)

Edit: And now the Android 11 / R build is official. The most recent version at the moment is v-0.19-r, but v0.20-r should be available this week

https://images.ecloud.global/dev/suzuran/

There is now an unofficial Android 11 / R build for suzuran: see this post

I have just made an up-to-date unofficial LineageOS for Microg build for suzuran. Available in this folder on AndroidFileHost

If you are clean flashing, checkout the Post-install section of the LineageOS for Microg front page

This build should dirty flash OK over earlier versions, but I have no idea what will happen if you dirty flash over an /e/OS installation :slight_smile: