[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Xiaomi Mi 5 (gemini)

New unofficial build : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=313177
Untested, I don’t own this device.

just installing this build and it boot up
i need to use it a few day maybe to find some bug, but i found that “recent app” should be horizontal in android 9 but in this build it still vertical like older android version

thanks for this build, i hope u keep continue update this build

1 Like

Thanks @deni12 for your feedback :slight_smile:

I don’t know about “recent app” feature, could you please post a screenshot ?
This way I could check with other devices I own :wink:

I’ll produce a new build once next sprint is stabilized; please remind me if I forget !

On a phone there is the Back button, the Home button and the Recent app/Multitask button. And indeed on my Pie unofficial build for j5nlte, the “recent apps”/“background apps” menu is still vertical and not horizontal.

If it’s the same thing on LineageOS 16.0, it’s a choice of LineageOS.

1 Like

Oh ! Of course this button ! I’m so dumb ! :exploding_head:

Thanks @Anonyme :slight_smile:

1 Like

On LineageOS 16.0 the recent apps menu is horizontal, so it’s specific to /e/ to have vertical recent apps menu in Pie.

1 Like

Thanks @Anonyme for clarifying this :slight_smile:

@deni12 : a case is already open, see below

1 Like

Thanks @Anonyme for explaining the problem and sorry to @smu44 for not give u screenshot.

I find another problem, sometime the phone will got black screen and and turn screen on again at lock screen and it random (or maybe when i doing so many thing in phone/background). Another inconvenient thing i incounter is when i want to auto fill my login information with bitwarden the browser in eOS is always show “foundation.e.browser” not the website i want to login so it a little bit hard to use the auto fill from bitwarden. And sorry i dunno why but i cant take screenshot inside bitwarden app to show u what i mean.

If I understand, your phone is locking itself while you’re using it ?
Is your Power button free and working well ?
You may also try to change Sleep timer in Setting/Display/Advanced.

As for bitwarden, you better open a dedicated thread, as it’s probably not device-specific …
I’ll try to install it on my testing phone asap.

Yupp, when i still using it sudenly the screen turn black and back to lock screen. My power botton is free and working fine, sleep timer is 10minute of inactivity

I spent some time playing with settings on my Redmi 4X testing device, I couldn’t reproduce this behavior :frowning:
Maybe you should attempt flashing the latest firmware, available here : https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/download/?file=fw_gemini_miui_MI5Global_V10.2.2.0.OAAMIXM_d16c808eba_8.0.zip

Thanks for look it up the problem.
I think i already have the lastest version of firmware (idk how to check it) but ill try to flash that firmware in my future instalation.

Il you can manage to share a logcat somewhere, I could try to guess what’s happening …

(sorry for the delay, I had to face a corrupt repo sync …)

New build here : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682887212

UNTESTED, I don’t own this device !

Built with “community” /e/ Docker engine, using v0.9-pie tag (v1-pie branch).

roomservice.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_gemini" path="device/xiaomi/gemini" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_msm8996-common" path="device/xiaomi/msm8996-common" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8996" path="kernel/xiaomi/msm8996" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" />
</manifest>

(not sure the msm8996-common is mandatory, will try without next time)

muppets.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <remote name="muppets" fetch="https://gitlab.com" />
  <project name="The-Muppets/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi" path="vendor/xiaomi" remote="muppets" />
</manifest>

Build script

#!/bin/bash
docker pull registry.gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/docker-lineage-cicd:community
docker run \
-v "/srv/src:/srv/src" \
-v "/srv/zips:/srv/zips" \
-v "/srv/logs:/srv/logs" \
-v "/srv/ccache:/srv/ccache" \
-v "/srv/local_manifests:/srv/local_manifests" \
-e "BRANCH_NAME=v0.9-pie" \
-e "DEVICE_LIST=gemini" \
-e "OTA_URL=" \
-e "REPO=https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases.git" \
registry.gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/docker-lineage-cicd:community

Please share your feedback ! :handshake:

finally new update, sorry not checking this tread sooner
ill try it and tell you if something wrong
thanks fow the build :+1: :+1:

Thanks for posting back, and for your future feedback :slight_smile:

Note : as /e/ Foundation is now producing test builds (Device Roadmap : Pie , Q and Beyond - Part II), I may stop building …

i have use this build till now and it works great.
but today ill test the official one and hope it works great too

thanks again for the build, if the offical one still have many bug ill use your build again :grin:

1 Like

Thanks ! :blush:

I’m pretty confident with official builds quality (currently 0.10-Pie).
However if you need an unofficial at latest 0.9-Pie level please let me know.