[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 (clover) for /e/OS T

:white_check_mark: 4G LTE ( 4G bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41)
:white_check_mark: Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac)
:white_check_mark: Bluetooth 5.0
:white_check_mark: GPS (GPS, GLONASS, BDS)
:white_check_mark: e-Cameras
:white_check_mark: Card slot microSDXC (128GB tested)
:x:USB-C standard headset (loudspeaker is not switched off, no sound in both headphones)
:white_check_mark: USB-C (DAC) headset (Google Pixel USB-C™ earbuds)
:white_check_mark: 3,5mm jack headset

:x: does not work
:white_check_mark: works

:green_heart: Thank you for building this /e/ROM, @ronnz98

2 Likes

Thanks a lot to @ronnz98 for the continued updates and to @Xxpsilon for the detailed testing reports.

I’m currently running e-1.20-t-20240223-UNOFFICIAL-clover with the TWRP recovery. I’d like to update to e-1.21-t-20240420 but I don’t want to do a fresh install. Should I expect the same encryption issue that @Xxpsilon ran into, or is there any workaround?

It’s worth noting that I originally did a full wipe and fresh install with e-1.18-t-20231214-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip and then the update to e-1.20-t-20240223-UNOFFICIAL-clover and I didn’t have any problems with the encryption… :thinking: Maybe I won’t have any problems because I don’t use a screen lock password?

I’m wondering if the new kernel that @ronnz98 mentioned would help in the case of the major issue with standby battery drain that is present with all current ROMs for the Mi Pad 4 WiFI-only model that I have?

Thanks again.

Hi ronnz98 and others, thanks for new update. Already running this new rom about few days and no issue so far, magnetic setting are working just fine.

Yes, latest build used Kernel 4.19

e-2.0-t-20240510-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/XiaomiSmartphones/e-2.0-t-20240510-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip/download

Manual update via abd sideload from microSDXC completely uncomplicated without data loss. At first glance, the new BlissLauncher 3.0.1-beta also works in landscape format, although the icons do not have an app title (which is normal at the moment).

1 Like

Thanks very much @ronnz98 for continuing your great work for clover.

This build seems to contain several major issues that are present for users of other devices too, it looks like /e/OS 2.0 isn’t quite ready yet for wider usage:

The Bliss Launcher constantly crashing happened to me with a fresh install after formatting data and wiping system and caches and then setting it to use the traditional 3-button navigation layout instead of gestures. It looks like it might be more stable with gestures. But with that together with the screen offset bug I decided to format it again and install e-1.21-t-20240420-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip.

1 Like

New update by @ronnz98

e-2.1-t-20240609-UNOFFICIAL-clover

Now I have completely reinstalled (clean install) e-2.1-t-20240609-UNOFFICIAL-clover by @ronnz98. This time not with e-Rcovery V2.1 but TWRP Recovery twrp-3.7.0_12-0, which seems more reliable to me.

The clover runs well as before, although the BlissLauncher 3.0.1-beta no longer automatically switches to landscape mode. A temporary remedy is provided by a rotation app, which can be used to manually adjust each app to landscape / portrait format, regardless of whether the app supports one or the other display format.

e-2.1-t-20240609-UNOFFICIAL-clover by @ronnz98

Update /e/OS-T V2.2
e-2.2-t-20240723-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

:white_check_mark: Successful manual update V2.2 from V2.1 via ‘Local Update’

Local Update Screenshots

Local Update N°1 ‘clover’

Local Update N°2 ‘clover’

1 Like

Interesting option, thanks for mentioning that. Are you still using twrp-3.7.0_12-0, and does this /e/OS local update method depend on a specific recovery?

Also, are you using Bliss launcher? I had to switch to a different launcher due to this screen offset bug in both the search/widgets page as well as the main app icons page:

Local Update is fully compatible with TWRP 3.7.0_12-0. During the update process, TWRP opens and displays the update. However, TWRP does not need to be operated, it closes automatically and the Mi Pad boots automatically.

Yes, I use the BlissLuncher 3.0.1 (with greatly enlarged icons) to my satisfaction. Additionally, I use the app ‘Rotation Control’ with which I can force the display of each application in portrait and landscape format.

1 Like

Thanks. You don’t have the offset home screen issue? Or did it get fixed in this latest update?

I just updated to e-2.2-t-20240723-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip and this major bug is still present with Bliss launcher, and it also causes the system UI to repeatedly crash. It works fine though with an alternative launcher. Thanks to @Xxpsilon for the good tip on local updates. And a huge thanks to @ronnz98 for supporting clover devices.

Hi @rahim123, I’ve no system brace on my clover. It runs well.

Portrait format Screenshot Landscape format

Weird, I wonder why mine is like that.

Advanced Privary
Blocks 2.275 data leaks from 2 apps

Perhaps one of your additionally installed apps is the cause. Try a clean install.

That’s what I did here with version 2.0:

Now that I look closer at your screenshots, it looks like you’re using the swipe gesture navigation mode, whereas I’m using the traditional three buttons at the bottom. Maybe that’s where the problem is.

Do you know how to fix homescreen on e2.2 sir?