[UNOFFICIAL BUILDS] Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 LTE (gts3llte, SM-T825)] / Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 WiFi (gts3lwifi, SM-T820)] for eOS S

Unfortunately no, Bliss 3.x is supported only for S and T versions

Pardon, mistake on my part!
I meant can you please try to build a ROM /e/OS-S V2.1 with new BlissLauncher 3.0.1, no matter if the MAC address problem is fixed or not?

Dies the S Version work? I did onky test R Version so far?

Let’s try it out :grey_exclamation: The proof of the pudding is in the eating :smirk:

Can you Plesse try above 1.21 S Version first it works

:x: Installation failed. Your /e/OS-S V1.21 does not boot on my gts3llte.

After installation via TWRP, my SM-T825 only boots up to the official Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 logo. A few seconds later, the system automatically reboots to the Samsung logo = bootloop.

The same tablet:

:white_check_mark: Installation of @Awesometic’s lineage-20.0-20231116-UNOFFICIAL-gts3llte boots right away and can be set up.

:white_check_mark: Installation of @Awesometic’s lineage-21.0-20240309-UNOFFICIAL-gts3llte boots right away and can be set up.

Thanks for testing. So up to now the R version is the only working one for this tablet(s).
The developer seems currently not be active, but hopefully will be again so I can reach out to him

The same tablet:

Installation of @Awesometic’s [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][12L][EAS][SM-T820][SM-T825][2023-09-21] crDroid 8 for Galaxy Tab S3

:white_check_mark: crDroidAndroid-12.1-20230921-gts3llte-v8.16

:negative_squared_cross_mark: What’s working:** LTE (SM-T825)

:ballot_box_with_check: lineage-20.0-20231116-UNOFFICIAL-gts3llte

:x: What’s not working: LTE (SM-T825)

@ronnz98, it’s worth a try :interrobang:

Generally yes. But the sources are the same I used for eOS build and what LOS19 is

Another try for /e/OS-S now with patches applied.

e-2.2-s-20240806-UNOFFICIAL-gts3lwifi.zip
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/SamsungSmartphones/e-2.2-s-20240806-UNOFFICIAL-gts3lwifi.zip/download

e-2.2-s-20240806-UNOFFICIAL-gts3llte.zip
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/SamsungSmartphones/e-2.2-s-20240806-UNOFFICIAL-gts3llte.zip/download

After a successful clean install, three points come to the fore:

:white_check_mark: IMEI present
:x: MAC adress: 00-a0-c6-eb-5c-d8 problem …
:x: BlissLauncher 3.0.1-beta crashes at the first opportunity and is practically non-functional. A window constantly pops up and indicates that the BlissLauncher app has been terminated. I had to deactivate the BlissLauncher in order to get some peace and quiet into the system.

I have tried several alternative launchers, including Lawnchair, but - compared to a working BlissLauncher, all other Android launchers on a tablet are not a good alternative and only stopgap solutions.

For MAC adress: 00-a0-c6-eb-5c-d8 problem
there is not yet a solution

But LTE works?

Can you try to install:

or

:white_check_mark: 4G LTE (incoming and outgoing telephone calls, Nano-SIM)
:white_check_mark: 4G LTE Surfing (Internet access with 4G LTE, Cat6 300/50 Mbps)
:white_check_mark: WLAN (Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac)

BlissLauncher is and remains an intensive problem, regardless of which version is installed. The only solution is to use a different Android launcher.

MAC adress: 00-a0-c6-eb-5c-d8 problem is handleable if - as will be the rule - only one Galaxy Tab S3 system is used in a network.

What is really important with a tablet system with 4G LTE is that at least the mobile Internet access via SIM card works, because - not every tablet with a SIM card slot can also be used to make phone calls. For example, Appel iPad or German Telekom has disabled phone calls on its T-Tablet 5G. Even with stock Android 13, no dialer phone app is pre-installed.

Please try this ones:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/SamsungSmartphones/e-2.2-s-20240808-UNOFFICIAL-gts3llte.zip/download

https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/SamsungSmartphones/e-2.2-s-20240808-UNOFFICIAL-gts3lwifi.zip/download

Clean install. Tab S3 boots up, then stops for a minute in the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 logo. This is repeated constantly. No system setup possible.

Does anyone knows if it would be possible to set or install another default launcher via adb?

Update e-2.3-s-20240822-UNOFFICIAL-gts3llte.zip by @ronnz98

Successful new installation aka clean install

With the first boot the screen greets you …

After x Close app the (empty) /e/ standard wallpaper is displayed without any characters.

After the system is set up, I installed the OpenLauncher activated it as Home app (Yes). This quiets the BlissLauncher for the time being, but the message “BlissLauncher keeps stopping” pops up again and again at regular intervals, so I deactivated it completely via adb shell pm disable foundation.e.blisslauncher

I’ve now customized the OpenLauncher a tiny bit (screenshot): Murena
The OpenLauncher is not a BlissLauncher, but the overall result is much better than with system startup and I can get comfortable with it.

@ronnz98, thank you for building this ROM.

1 Like

Updates for /e/OS-S 2.3:

e-2.3-s-20240822-UNOFFICIAL-gts3llte.zip

e-2.3-s-20240822-UNOFFICIAL-gts3lwifi.zip

Successful new installation aka clean install

The BlissLauncher problem is identical to the one described above (gts3llte):

With the first boot the screen greets you …

BlissLauncher keeps stopping

Device Wi-Fi MAC adress: 00:a0:c6:5c:d8