Video not working both in browser and apps

The video playback issue on the 2e is still being worked on. Issues are marked confidential, so not sharing here. Developer is still working on it. Will update once I have any details.

3 Likes

Hi,

what do you think, how long will that take?

My problem is, that I have to return the brand-new teracube in-between 2 weeks after buying.
So, there is one week left for sending back?
The contact-email does not even answer…
What shall I think about this?

It would be really nice, you beware me from sending back.

Thanks

Personally I have already decided to wait it out. The rest of the phone has been working great so far so I’ll give them a chance.

On the video playback issue, Youtube videos do play, however, I do get an error if I try to play them through NewPipe. Here is the error repot I get from the NewPipe App. Maybe it will help.

Exception

Crash log

com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlaybackException: MediaCodecVideoRenderer error, index=0, format=Format(1, null, null, video/avc, avc1.4D401F, -1, null, [1280, 720, 23.976025], [-1, -1]), format_supported=YES
	at com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImplInternal.handleMessage(ExoPlayerImplInternal.java:555)
	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:223)
	at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:67)
Caused by: com.google.android.exoplayer2.video.MediaCodecVideoDecoderException: Decoder failed: OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.AVC
	at com.google.android.exoplayer2.video.MediaCodecVideoRenderer.createDecoderException(MediaCodecVideoRenderer.java:1410)
	at com.google.android.exoplayer2.mediacodec.MediaCodecRenderer.render(MediaCodecRenderer.java:864)
	at com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImplInternal.doSomeWork(ExoPlayerImplInternal.java:945)
	at com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImplInternal.handleMessage(ExoPlayerImplInternal.java:478)
	... 3 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException
	at android.media.MediaCodec.native_dequeueOutputBuffer(Native Method)
	at android.media.MediaCodec.dequeueOutputBuffer(MediaCodec.java:3452)
	at com.google.android.exoplayer2.mediacodec.SynchronousMediaCodecAdapter.dequeueOutputBufferIndex(SynchronousMediaCodecAdapter.java:100)
	at com.google.android.exoplayer2.mediacodec.MediaCodecRenderer.drainOutputBuffer(MediaCodecRenderer.java:1842)
	at com.google.android.exoplayer2.mediacodec.MediaCodecRenderer.render(MediaCodecRenderer.java:843)
	... 5 more

2 Likes

The fix might take time. You can let the helpdesk@e.email know about your intention to return the phone in case this issue is not fixed. I am informing the team separately.

1 Like

Hello,

thanks for your email.

I already mailed my request at 4. and 5. April to helpdesk and resolutions.

NO Answer yet.
That is really frustrating! And definitely it is not the idea of fair behaving we all are looking for.

Bernhard

HERE’S THE EMAIL I SENT:

ESolutions SAS, c/o Espri Digital,
14 rue du Sergent Escoffier,
61200 Argentan,
France.

[Order #60599] (March 29, 2022)

Invoice Number: O-2022-2089
Invoice Date:
March 29, 2022
Order Number: 60599
Order Date:March 29, 2022
Payment Method: PayPal

Hello!

I have to return the teracube within 14 days of the date I received the smartphone.

Unfortunately the phone has a bug. I can’t watch videos with it. As well the camera does not take videos.

I wrote an email to the support yesterday. Nobody has answered yet.
There are more than one user with the same problem. I couldn’t find a solution.

The teracube and the eOS would be my choice. However I don’t know whether the bug will be fixed, so it seems better for me to send the product back.

What do you think about it?
In case you agree, is the address for the return correct?

Best regards
Bernhard Freisen

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the details, Bernhard. Have shared it with the support team. They would be contacting you ASAP. If you do not get a response in the next couple of hours, pl let me know

1 Like

I too am having issues with videos not playing at all in:

• Youtube
  • Twiitter
  • Instagram
    etc.

It either comes up with a message that says “playback error” or hands on loading.

The fix for 2e videos not working is expected to be rolled out this coming week. The part with SD card is yet to be fixed.

4 Likes

Update is out! Seems to be working so far!

1 Like

Works for me ! Thanks a lot !

1 Like

Works for me too! The phone is just about perfect now! :grin:

Continuing the discussion from Video not working both in browser and apps:

The fixed video and the updated default apps are very much appreciated. Keep up the good work. :+1:

Working for me too! Thanks!

The camera still will not record video however. I am guessing the two issues are unrelated?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.