Week 10 2024: Development and Testing Updates

Hi Manoj, isnā€™t S7-upgrade completed by now with distribution of 1.20?
(again: many thanks for the effort!)

2 Likes

:slight_smile: thanks missed moving that to the completed section.

2 Likes

redfin is Pixel 5 isnā€™t it? So there should be OTA updates in the future, about OTA upgrades (to V A14) can Manoj maybe say more.

A14 ? We are working on completing the current set of A13 releases. A14 will take some time.

1 Like

He asked about future :woman_shrugging:. T(A13) is under testing, so the next will be V(A14) whenever it comes :smiley: .

:loudspeaker: Pl note the next set of device to be added to the support list and the upgrade of existing devices to /e/OS T have been released as of today 4 Marchā€¦ :new:

4 Likes

Hello Manoj, is there a plan or a date to migrate to 28? Thanks

Thanks. Have added it now.

Hi @Julien first it would be 27 in the next month :crossed_fingers: and then 28 later. Will share dates when I have more inputs.

1 Like

Device that did not receive builds as part of v1.20 as the builds failed

• Google Pixel XL merlin
  • Motorola Moto G7 Play channel
  • Google Pixel sailfish
  • LG V30 joan
  • LG V30 h932

The team will try and rerun the builds or they will be available as part of v1.21

2 Likes

@Manoj App Lounge seems down on both my wifeā€™s and my phone. The refresh session message keeps going on and on. Nothing suspicious on https://status.e.foundation/ though. Do you have any info from the team?

I still donā€™t see version 1.20 in the Updater on a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (gta4xlwifi).

The updater app does not support upgrades from one version of /e/OS to another (/e/OS-S to /e/OS-T), and will block installation to any update for a different version. Upgrading manually requires similar steps to installing /e/OS for the first time.

By the way: The big brother Lineage Android Distribution (LOS) expects stock firmware Android 13 to be installed on the tablet ā€˜gta4xlwifiā€™ for the installation of LOS 20.0 (~ /e/OS-T).

So if I wouldnā€™t follow updates here, I would never notice there is a newer version and just stop receiving any updates at all?

I donā€™t find an upgrade guide here. I guess I have to follow this guide with the respective /e/OS builds?

1 Like

As the needed parts of the upgraded stock firmware are expected to be included in /e/OS-T builds,
I understand, you simply have to download, reboot to recovery, and applyā€¦ to upgrade from ā€œsā€ to ā€œtā€.

Just DONā€™T WIPE OR FORMAT ANYTHING (donā€™t apply ā€œfactory-resetā€)
as explained at step (8) or (9) of the general guide i shared [HOWTO] an Unified Install Guide Project for /e/ - #4 by piero

1 Like

I can confirm this. The upgrade path was like this for me and it worked. Never forget to charge the phone in advance.

1 Like

AppLounge is working for me. I just checked. Tried downloading and installing and that worked as well. Are you still facing the issue?

No the problem is gone now. Thank you.

Yes, this was planned and is desirable, but has it definitely happened? Have I perhaps missed an official statement on this upgrade aspect? If so, please give me a link!