• OS Not released

• Oreo
    • Nougat
  • stable builds released for

• GS290
    • starlte
    • FP3
    • avicii
      Team working on the remaining builds and expect to release them early coming week :crossed_fingers:
  • Check the Release notes

• Fixes and updates

• Some issues may be marked confidential by their owners and will not be visible to all.

• Issues get marked confidential as they contain user logs or user device information. At times when we are working on a new feature and not exactly sure if it will work, we mark it confidential during the development phase.

• Two critical issues getting fixes in the coming week(s)

• Teracube 2e users with the issue in video playback
      Update 11 April Fix has been released.
    • High data usage on eCloud

Devices which did not receive v0.22/23

• Device that did not receive /e/OS R : lake, river, payton, ocean, evert, chef, channel, beckham, fajita, hotdogb, kebab, klte, s5neolte, starlte, a5xelte, xz2c
    Update 12 April Some of these devices should be getting v0.23 builds.

• If your device has not received the v0.23 build Pl share the device codename in this thread. You will find the code-name in the Name column here

• Most probably we will release these device builds with 0.24 :crossed_fingers:

OS OTA Upgrade

s7 /s7 edge

• We are testing of the OTA OS upgrade for s7 / s7 edge.
  • Volunteers who can help with this testing required

Oreo and Nougat devices

• We will try to upgrade devices where possible. Builds are failing for devices on these two operating systems. We may eventually have to drop support for devices stuck on Oreo and Nougat unless we get ROM Maintainers willing to build and debug issues for Oreo and Nougat

GSI

• GSI builds for v0.23 has been released.

• GSI sources are available here

ROM Builders - Unofficial and Custom

• A new Docker image has been released
  • Those building using traditional repo sync method refer android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks_lfs
    • You will have to install git-lfs (sudo apt-get install git-lfs)
    • After completing a repo sync, you will have to run repo forall -c 'git lfs pull'

:nerd_face: Reason behind these changes:

Development Activity

A summary of issues dev team is investigating or working on

• Bliss launcher upgrading and existing issue resolution
  • eDrive code refactoring to optimize the application
  • Updating Applications where forked …ongoing task
  • EasyInstaller to adapt to upgrade OS builds…investigation only

This is a subset of what the team is working on. Most of these tasks are under development and testing phase. Some of the issues will be confidential and not visible to all users.

Announcements

:loudspeaker: Roadmap 2022

:loudspeaker: Teracube 2e and emerald
Teracube users please note there are two different versions of the device now. 2020 released devices are classified as 2e on our site, and those released in 2021 are code named emerald. We have added a warning in the guides to help users. 2e guide and emerald guide.

:loudspeaker: Gigaset GS290

• We have stopped the sales of the Gigaset GS290 on the eSolutionsShop as the vendor has stopped production of the device. We will continue support for existing users.

:loudspeaker: Message being shared on the request of our vendor partners

• Vendors whose phones we sell on our eSolutions Store do not directly sell /e/OS flashed devices.
  • The vendors only sell their devices with their own stock ROM.
  • To get pre flashed /e/OS phones, you have to purchase them from the eSolutions Shop.

:loudspeaker: /e/OS Pre flashed device sales

• We sell directly in EU, US, Canada.
  • Find details of what devices are available in which countries here eSolutions Shop.

:loudspeaker: Porting and New Devices

• Efforts to port new devices continue and details will be shared once we have working builds available :crossed_fingers:

/e/OS Links

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

12 Likes

Managed to update my Samsung S9+ to v0.23. TWRP complained about encryption though: decryption failed because it didn’t recognise the password I entered but then when I tapped “cancel” the update proceeded successfully. Anyone else run into this problem?

Also, I had to check for updates manually, because the last check was 24 March, even though I’ve got it set to check daily.

Hi @helicase You aren’t alone :wink:

Any news or ETA bout that ?

The docker image has been released. Will add the link in the main post

2 Likes

@mihi Ah thanks, didn’t see that. Well, at least it didn’t mess up the update.

@Manoj
Hello Manoj, You wrote that there will be a stable v0.23 release for the FP3.
Till now I have not seen this update?
Thank you.

The stable v0.23 q builds for FP3 have been released. Pl Let me know if it is not showing up in the updater

The v0.23 is finally available to me concerning my Samsung S9 starlte dev android 10 today :smiley:

1 Like

@huib43 I received yesterday my v0.23 update for my Fairphone 3+ and everything runs smoothly :+1:

1 Like

Hi

Got the update today for my S9+. I’m now on:
0.23-q-20220401175185-stable-star2lte

The update was running fine.

• The touch sensitivity is still not good. It seems that switching to high sensitivity doesn’t do anything. It was perfect on Android 8.1 with high sensitivity on.
  • Theme colours still missing.
  • PDFs are still dark in dark mode.
  • “my files” app doesn’t have a name since today.

Thx for your hard work. Love it.

1 Like

Hello team,

This is my first post :slight_smile: I am using /e/ OS since version 0.21 on my Fairphone 4. When 0.23 will be available for FP4?

Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Hi Huib, I think you have just like me FP3 v0.22 p stable. I have also not yet received v0.23 p stable.

The same here :smile:

Seems to work good as for now.

Both Samsung S9 Pluses have 0.23 now, thanks very much. Another smooth OTA, look forward to the day when all e supported models get OTA, so I can upgrade phone.

Hi @huib43 @eugene_072 My mistake… the stable q build has been released. I am not sure if we will be able to support multiple OS versions on the same device much longer. Ideally, you should upgrade to the newer OS versions.
Let me check on the stable pie build release

Update from 0.22 → 0.23 on S9+ went without any issue
Update of email app is great

Hello @Manoj
On Samsung A5 2016 (a5xelte) update done yesterday successfully from 0.22q to 0.23q.
Thanks for the work, the new version of “Mail” looks very good.
Not yet tested the new “App Lounge”.
Is the upgrade to Android R planned for this device?

Congratulations to the team

Checked on this with the team. We have an issue on the stable pie FP3 build.Team is working on it. No ETA for now.

1 Like

Devices without dedicated ROM Maintainers have an issue getting upgraded. We will check if it is possible to upgrade, but no promises for now.