Week 16 2024: Development and Testing Updates

Does this mean version 2.0 will allow us to go to Wallpaper & Style in Settings and choose our own colors including Material You styles?

1 Like

I am really looking forward to the update to Bliss Launcher v3. Can you please give some sneak previews of what to expect… Please?

Will Bliss 3 allow the user to install and choose Trebuchet as the default home screen / launcher?

1 Like

We will be sharing some screenshots soon. Currently, the builds are all getting ‘built’ and undergoing testing.

4 Likes

No BlissLauncher v3 will not be providing options to install other launchers from within its interface. User can always download and install launchers they want and set them as default.

3 Likes

thanks for enumerating the reason why a device was dropped

OK I mis-phrased my question - I’ll try again:

In /e/OS 1.x,

• users could not install Trebuchet from App Lounge or F-Droid because it was already present in the ROM
  • but users could not use Trebuchet as their default home screen / launcher in Settings | Apps | Default apps because /e/ changed the Trebuchet code to disable the ‘HOME SCREEN’ intent.

Has that changed in /e/OS 2.x so that users can install Trebuchet from App Lounge and can set it as default home screen / launcher in Settings | Apps | Default apps .

Thanks

4 Likes

Does this mean version 2.0 will allow us to go to Wallpaper & Style in Settings and choose our own colors including Material You styles?

We can hope so but I think the chances are low, sadly

1 Like

@Manoj Any news on this question please? Is use of Trebuchet disabled in /e/OS 2.x as it was in /e/OS 1.x?

Thanks

In v2.x trebuchet is not disabled by /e/OS. Users can download and install it but they should not remove Bliss Launcher using adb or as root as some of the packages in BL are common across all launchers. For now Trebuchet is not in App Lounge. I have asked the team to add it to the App Lounge. If an issue can be raised on gitlab to add Trebuchet to the app lounge, that would be better.

9 Likes

That’s great - thanks Manoj.

Trebuchet is available from F-Droid, but it is known there as ‘Launcher3’ (com.android.launcher3). Maybe it is already in App Lounge under that name

Is there any news about the FP4 display issue? Was the team successful in resolving it? :crossed_fingers:t2:

The issue on the FP4 was detected on the upgrade build which is on T. The FP4 will receive a v2.0 on /e/OS S. The upgrade to T build is being pushed to v2.1

2 Likes

Thx @Manoj for the update! That’s sad news, I’m really looking forward to get Android 13 so that some underlying FP4 issues are being fixed (e. g. the display brightness issue).
Are you considering to bring this newer firmware fixes to Android 12 / an S build instead of T? Android 13 is not soooo important for me, but especially the brightness things makes my Fairphone really hard to use outside in the bright sun.

Not possible. Fairphone released the firmware update including the brightness fix only for Android 13, not 12. Therefore e foundation is not able to apply the patch to S

Oh no, that’s sad :disappointed_relieved::tired_face:

1 Like

I wait for a general change for the FP4, too.
For me is is the ending of the bad battery life during “do nothing”.
Somebody gave me hope that it will maybe better with A13 “T”:

But every time I read “next release” will come T to FP4.
So: Sorry, I don’t interested in e2.0. I need working basics…

3 Likes

Indeed, 1rst release of Android T upgrade on FP4 was “eventually” scheduled for… April 2023… (more than 1 year now).

Since then, the upgrade has been systematically postponed until the next update…

I guess it’s a pain to make it work correctly on the FP4. But better late than buggy :wink:

1 Like

What I don’t get is that T for FP4 exists in the dev/community branch for a while now.

@Manoj can you provide an explanation as to why it works on dev/community but on stable/official there is such a fundamental bug as the touch screen?

2 Likes