Week 21, 2023: Development and Testing Updates

Since Easy installer does not download Stable S I went ahead and did a Command Line install of Stable S. Install went great without errors. However, at the “Welcome to /e/ OS” screen the touchscreen does not work so I’m unable to tap the Start button. The side buttons work so I powered it down and up again but the touchscreen still doesn’t work. What should I do? I reported it in Gitlab but I need this fixed asap please.

@Manoj Got stock Oxygen OS back using MSM Tool. After I completely update it I’ll try putting Stable S back on and see if the touchscreen issue happens again. I’ll update the Gitlab issue I reported with the results.

One reason could be the mismatch between the flashing of additional partitions part, where it may be referencing A13 partitions. The release of the /e/OS T builds should resolve this issue.
A user had suggested extracting the partitions from the current /e/OS build

…download latest release of payload-dumper-go (https://github.com/ssut/payload-dumper-go/releases) to the same directory (*) where /e/OS build ZIP file is

• open terminal and cd to (*) directory
  • extract payload: unzip e--s--dev-lemonadep.zip payload.bin
  • extract payload-dumper-go: tar xzvf payload-dumper-go_1.2.2_linux_amd64.tar.gz payload-dumper-go
  • run ./payload-dumper-go -partitions dtbo,vendor_boot -o . payload.bin command — needed files will appear in (*) directory.
    and flashing these partitions to get the correct version. All the same let me know what happens to your build. We may recall the build if there is an issue with it.

This method was already attempted unsuccessfully here OnePlus 7T 'No Touch Display' after install - #5 by aibd.

2 Likes

@Manoj does anyone on the /e/ OS team or any of the /e/ OS developers have Lineage OS 19 versions of dtbo.img and vbmeta.img files? That would solve the issue, correct? I checked the Lineage website but they don’t keep versions that old.

I believe no.

Ideally you would want any components requiring flashed “out of sequence” to come from the build process of your own ROM. We already did this in the ‘No Touch Display’ thread.

The only reason we are told in the install documentation to download components from LineageOS is that /e/OS is a copy of LineageOS with added features but with a lag in development and release time.

In my belief this is usually “good enough” except when the time lag “goes wrong” for the installer. I made further comments in the ‘No Touch Display’ thread when I reviewed our failure.