Week 3, 2023: Development and Testing Updates

I have an FP4 and e/OS/ 1.6-s-20221129238946-stable-FP4 but I can’t find any update to download in Settings/Update manager. I try to refresh manually but there is no update found.
How can I fix this ?

Hello @LG75 No need to fix, just be patient. ‘stable’ is usually lagging a couple days behind ‘dev’, so it is not yet released.

4 Likes

I also have a stable FP4!

We will only get the OTA update when it is available here: https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP4/

4 Likes

Ahahah Thanks both of you ! I thought I have an issue but I just have to be patient.

2 Likes
1 Like

It seems you got it first :yum:

Not me (I don’t have a Fairphone 4). I just cited a screenshot showing it’s more complicated than just watching the download page :wink: .

Is there an ETA for S stable for other devices than FP4?

Bonjour à tous, je voulais savoir si vous aviez une date de sortie de /e/OS pour le S8 ou s’il reste en e-0.23-p ??
merci pour vos réponses et pour votre travaille, j’utilise /e/OS tous les jours sur mon S7, mais il commence à se faire vieux et me montre des signes de faiblesses.
ritch

It looks like - and I don’t know why and how - there are always some happy FP4 prize winners. I was one of those last month. Not this time!
I do agree with you that it might be more complicated than just watch the download page but, having said that, I do think that, most of the times, it comes OTA when it becomes available in the download page. I did watch that for several months for the 3 devices I have with /e/os.

By the end of next week, we expect all v1.7 device builds dev and stable to be published.

3 Likes

I did not mean that. For example Pixel 4a has S as dev but there is no stable build of it, it goes only until R. I am not aware if other devices have the same situation but as I wrote I know FP4 has S stable (Yeah, Icould check on the device selector for all th devices). I hope I question is clearer now

I’ve come across a few milestones on Gitlab that give an indication of the following OTA upgrades :

and since the team now has some experience with OTA upgrades for these models, I hope it can be rolled out fairly quickly… :crossed_fingers:

1 Like