Week 3, 2023: Development and Testing Updates

That’s my point.
You can get the install file, it’s released, as you’ve seen yourself.

But in case the updater doesn’t offer an update which should be out, how do you check the updater works correctly, and the update is really not on offer via the updater at this point?
If the updater on kebab indeed uses https://ota.ecloud.global/api/v1/kebab/dev, then the update is not on offer currently and the updater works correctly. But I would want to know for sure.

It is. Doesn’t matter in this case.

I agree with you on this point.

It is true that the API link you submitted above does not contain the 1.7 S update.

Installed 1.7 on my OnePlus 7T today and after installing it none of my Microsoft apps will sync with my Microsoft accounts. Is there a way to go back to 1.6?

Now, I can see the 1.7 S update when refreshing. Since yesterday, the 1.7S update has been added to the OTA entries.

PS: I disabled the /e/ OS test channel to see the update.

1 Like

Of course, reinstall it using recovery !
It should be under /data/lineageos_updates.

I have an FP4 and e/OS/ 1.6-s-20221129238946-stable-FP4 but I can’t find any update to download in Settings/Update manager. I try to refresh manually but there is no update found.
How can I fix this ?

Hello @LG75 No need to fix, just be patient. ‘stable’ is usually lagging a couple days behind ‘dev’, so it is not yet released.

4 Likes

I also have a stable FP4!

We will only get the OTA update when it is available here: https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP4/

4 Likes

Ahahah Thanks both of you ! I thought I have an issue but I just have to be patient.

2 Likes
1 Like

It seems you got it first :yum:

Not me (I don’t have a Fairphone 4). I just cited a screenshot showing it’s more complicated than just watching the download page :wink: .

Is there an ETA for S stable for other devices than FP4?

Bonjour à tous, je voulais savoir si vous aviez une date de sortie de /e/OS pour le S8 ou s’il reste en e-0.23-p ??
merci pour vos réponses et pour votre travaille, j’utilise /e/OS tous les jours sur mon S7, mais il commence à se faire vieux et me montre des signes de faiblesses.
ritch

It looks like - and I don’t know why and how - there are always some happy FP4 prize winners. I was one of those last month. Not this time!
I do agree with you that it might be more complicated than just watch the download page but, having said that, I do think that, most of the times, it comes OTA when it becomes available in the download page. I did watch that for several months for the 3 devices I have with /e/os.

By the end of next week, we expect all v1.7 device builds dev and stable to be published.

3 Likes

I did not mean that. For example Pixel 4a has S as dev but there is no stable build of it, it goes only until R. I am not aware if other devices have the same situation but as I wrote I know FP4 has S stable (Yeah, Icould check on the device selector for all th devices). I hope I question is clearer now

I’ve come across a few milestones on Gitlab that give an indication of the following OTA upgrades :

and since the team now has some experience with OTA upgrades for these models, I hope it can be rolled out fairly quickly… :crossed_fingers:

1 Like