Week 38, 2023: Development and Testing Updates

Hi @Manoj

Will there be a tutorial or procedure for doing this? I think a lot of users aren’t necessarily comfortable with all this.

Thank you!

The installation of the FP4 and upgrade guides for /e/OS T will be tested and updated by the build team.

5 Likes

When alioth, Poco F3?

If you are on ‘stable’ then there will be a OTA Upgrade, this is not the case for ‘dev’.

You have ‘stable’ when you buy directly or use the easy installer. If you installed manually you could have choosen one of them

1 Like

For my oneplus 5 is now 1.15-S available. I thought 1.15 comes directly as T.
So will 1.15 be available as S and as T?

Where available T and S builds would be sent out on v1.15 . As always we will then ease out the older /e/OS S builds and maintain the latest OS which in this case would be T.

2 Likes

thanks for the info. I guess I was on stable, but in developer options I joined the dev-channel to get 1.15 earlier. So now I have 1.15 S and turned dev back off. Do you think a 1.15 T will appear as an update, or not because I´m already on 1.15?

That would be the ‘test-channel’ as it also should state in the setting. Has nothing to do with ‘dev’ build

There is a link in Manoj’s post, hidden behind a triangle :wink:

1 Like

How will you proceed with devices which are on stable build but don’t receive OTA? Not sure if there are many but I am asking about devices like Pixel 4a.

Where can the recovery images of v1.15 be found?
(Or did their filenames on the “images” server simply get messed up?)

Why i can not activate fingerprint on Poco F3 1.15-s?

I am on an FP3 1.14 S/stable (1.15 not there yet). Do I understand correctly, that there is no OTA update from S to T and that sooner or later S builds will phase out and I have to do a manual update from S to T to have an updated smartphone? Or are there any plans for OTA updates for some devices in the future?

The OS OTA upgrade directly to /e/OS T will take some time. Will share details once there is some positive news around this.

7 Likes

Hello.
Can’t find again the post, but IIRC, there was an OTA upgrade from Q to R for Galaxy S9/9+ planned and ready for 1.15 …
Can you confirm ?
If so, really OTA, or manual ?
And … with full phone cleanup, or keeping onboard data (and may be apps) ?
Thanks.

1 Like

We expect to release the OTA OS Upgrade for the Galaxy S9/S9+ stable build this coming monday. Q (A10) to R (A11)

5 Likes

And it will only available for “stable” build, right ?

Thank you for making that clear.

Yes stable build. Updated the previous post.

1 Like

Would anyone of the team (e.g. @Manoj) be so kind to have a look at the mismatch between zip and (recovery) img versions at e.g. https://images.ecloud.global/dev/a3xelte/ to initiate an update to a state of correspondence!?
(As far as I’ve seen, this concerns each and every dev folder containing a v1.15 zip)

It’s seems to be OK pour the S9 (starlte): https://images.ecloud.global/dev/starlte/