Week 40, 2023 : Development and Testing Updates

Can you share information when murena stire purchased phones will get the T OTA upgrade?

In Gael’s “roadmap 2023”-post we learned: “we are finally going to integrate the long-awaited voice recognition feature.”

Any news on that?

No ETA available as yet. As mentioned previously, we do plan OTA OS upgrades for all devices we sell on the Murena Store. The Fairphone devices upgrade to /e/OS T will have to be planned. Will share details when I have something more positive to report.

1 Like

Here’s a short excerpt from " Week 32, 2023: Development and Testing Updates", section “e/OS/ T builds”:

"
Status : :green_circle: Postponed to August along with v1.14 :crossed_fingers:

Team is working on adding firmware along with the T builds. This will make it easier for users to flash the builds without having to flash the stock ROM first.
"

Now, that (with an additional delay to v1.15) e/OS/ T has been released, let me please ask:

Where are these announced “firmware adaption easing” packages?

Any ETA on the T version for axolotl? https://images.ecloud.global/dev/axolotl/

Since axolotl is supposed to get T, I guess this applies (see first post) …

I’m looking at purchasing an FP5 or P7-Pro (cheetah) to load e/OS onto. Are there any dev builds up for these devices yet?

Fairphone 5 is in testing … https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/qa/testing-community/-/issues/55

1 Like

Hello. This is my first post on the forum.
When can we expect the T recovery files?
I have 4 phones waiting for 1.15 T instalation and NONE of them have the 1.15 recovery files: Oneplus 5, Sony Xperia XZ2, Sony Xperia XZ3 and Sony Xperia XZ2 premium.
I’d like to try the T on Oneplus 5 as it has a cracked screen and original OS so minimal loss if bricking (I’ve not yet managed to brick any phone of the many I had). Then move to XZ2 and XZ3 that are now running 1.15S . XZ2 premium is to be flashed later (1.16). I’ve checked and my XZ3 has the recovery 1.15S even if it’s not present on the device download page: https://images.ecloud.global/dev/akatsuki/
Manoj can you please insist to the team to solve the problem of missing T recovery files? I’m waiting for the T (13 is my favourite number) since the release of LineageOS 20.
Thanks in advance!

I discussed the issue with the team. They have put in a fix with the resolution but unfortunately it would not show up till the v1.16 is rolled out. The builds and partitions files inside recovery zips has created some confusion in the build process. Will keep you updated on the progress.

2 Likes

Thank you Manoj for your very quick answer. Any “bet” on the release of 1.16? I’ve seen that the milestone for it expires on 10 october but doubt it will be released next week.
I’d say that week 41 will see the beta state and week 42 the announcement of lauch… whishfull thinking.

That’s a bummer :frowning: Been waiting so long already…

v1.16 should be coming out around mid October :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Will 1.16 include firmware partitions as well for T?

Will this fix also repair all the collateral damage done to the respective device sections on the images server for all those devices which don’t need any recovery zip, but may stick with the good old recovery img (solely)?

T has been a long time coming; in the March Week 12 ‘Development and Testing’ update, it was ‘1-2 months’.

It’s now Week 40, over 7 months later.

I’ve used (and $upported) /e/ since late 2020, but unlike previous well managed and successful rollouts, this one just doesn’t seem to be going so well.

Here’s hoping that it can now finally be pulled together & released successfully.

Thanks,
NickP

Looks like those are the instructions when using linux. What are the instructions when using Windows?

And concerning the release of /e/OS T: Is there anyone out, who wouldn’t call this a “kind of flop” so far?:
Initially announced (in Week 23, 2023: Development and Testing Updates ) for /e/OS v1.12 (released end of June), being now (as of /e/OS v.1.15) in a half-baked (i. e.: half-released) state (with essential release components still missing) it will obviously not be fully available before the advent of /e/OS v1.16 (ETA: around mid-October) (if so)!
Did that really have to be?

PS
To make things clear: Of course I’m much obliged to the /e/-team’s work on a “degoogled” Android, but I’m also of the opinion that (maybe with a little more diligence) especially this release could have been arranged in a somewhat more pleasing way.

Everybody needs to calm down. This is free software.

17 Likes

Perhaps, but this time (T) the process does seem to have fallen apart somewhat and it certainly isn’t the way that /e/ has worked so well before.