Where do I find Wifi calling

Hi, I cannot find wifi calling on my e-foundation S7 phone… It’s not in the usual place in the phone settings. Could you help? Thank you! Rebecca

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

Hi Rebecca,

I don’t believe this feature is supported by Lineage, therefore I don’t think you will find this feature along with VoLTE in e.

I think I recently read somewhere here that it’s complicated to make this feature working properly in a custom ROM, but it has been done for some OnePlus phones (because it was easier).

From Alexis :

The /e/OS ROM can normally support VoLTE and VoWIFI, but the actual VoLTE and VoWIFI operation will depend on a number of parameters:

1. The phone must be compatible and must integrate the necessary software which is often proprietary.
2. The OS must support the functionality.
3. The carrier must support VoLTE and VoWIFI.
4. The carrier must whitelist VoLTE/VoWIFI usage on the actual phone (this is done via the device IMEI).

On the Galaxy models, we are stuck at the software level. That is to say, we don’t have access to the proprietary software required to activate either.

We managed to activate both VoLTE and VoWifi on OnePlus models but our phones were not whitelisted on the networks we had available for testing.

We are in the confirmation phase for the Fairphone 3, regarding both the software side and the carrier whitelisting side. The device is compatible with both.

2 Likes

Hi.

voWIFI & voLTE don’t work for now with s7. I have s7 and can use vowifi and volte with stock rom and my carrier supports them, but doesn’t work with any aosp rom.

Thanks everyone! I guess I’ll just have to live without for now.

Hi all,
This issue is becoming important.
I live in an area without mobile network, I have a Samsung S7 edge with /e/ and we still don’t have the ability to activate voWIFI with this phone (it seems to me).
Until there, it wasn’t a problem, because we could use an Orange Femtocell (Sosh operator).
But now, Orange is warning users that the femtocell service will end at august, 21th, 2021.
I don’t want to already change this phone, which is doing well.
Is there a solution for this issue (which don’t require to be a network engineer), or is there an update in progress on this subject ?
Thank you very much for your attention,
Regards

Hi @Windgirl. An update and potential fix for this issue is being discussed in another thread.

In short, it requires updating a file via adb while in recovery mode. It has been found to work on the S9, so perhaps it will work with the S7 Edge.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer @mcmd, and sorry for having post in the wrong thread.
I hope that /e/ team will be able to send us an update before this fall, because I do not feel like modify myself anything in my phone system :scream:
Or else, I’ll need a “how to” that can be understood by a child :sweat_smile:
Best regards

The feature was available on my Nexus 5X with /e/, so I don’t know why it can’t be done for the S7.

Do the /e/ developers assume we all live downtown with 100% signal?

@Manoj would you care to comment?

Thank you,

Matt

It’s because of this:

…which apparently was not a problem with your:

See also: Mint Mobile on /e/ vs Stock Android - #20 by egx470

Wifi calling is a part of the development efforts for 2021. We have also noticed this as it works on some devices but not on others. We will update progress on the development efforts.

Would it be helpful to create a chart like was done for Mobile Carriers that Work by Country but for IMS services. Maybe rows by

COUNTRY, DEVICE, MODEL, MOBILE CARRIER, VoLTE WORK?, VoWiFi WORK?

and forum users could fill in? Or, is that too much info for a chart?

That makes sense. Thank you for the information.

Thank you for the update. It was my ignorance assuming all the ways, that manufacturers implement this feature, were the same.

As required created a list here feel free to add remove columns and update with details.

2 Likes

Well that was fast! Thanks @Manoj. I will double check the few devices I have and update with info I know.