Xiaomi Mi 6 - Can't install the ZIP

I’ve tried to install the two latest ZIPs (https://images.ecloud.global/dev/sagit/e-0.7-o-2020032847188-dev-sagit.zip and the previous one) from TWRP 3.3.1-0 but I always get an error. The message is as follows:

Checking for Digest file…
Warning: No file_contexts
assert failed: xiaomi.verify_trustzone (“TZ.BF.4.0.6-00124”,“TZ.BF.4.0.6-00130”) == “1”
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
Error installing zip file ‘/data/media/nameofthezip.zip’
Updating partition details…
…done

And that’s it :frowning: Any ideas?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

This ‘error’ is normal.

This one is coming.from.wrong firmware I think.

Which rom / android version was installed on the device before ? Was it MIUI Oreo ? If not, please install first MIUI Oero and than start with eOS

Or in the update section in the settings app you can hit the three dots and select zip

I think he is far away from this. I think he want to a first, fresh install, not an update

I haven’t used the phone for some time now, but it was on MIUI 11, so Android 10 if I’m not wrong. I didn’t know I had to go back to a previous official ROM/firmware before installing the /e/ ZIP, I wonder if it can be done by uploading just the firmware ZIP (which one, btw?) and installing it?

Sorry, what update section? In TWRP?

This was in fact a fresh install of /e/, I thought the available ZIPs were for that purpose. I was on MIUI 11, unlocked the phone, flashed TWRP recovery, wiped everything and tried to install /e/. Maybe the wiping wasn’t needed? :confused:

Do I have to start form other source point, there? Didn’t see that on the docs…

If the phone had Q on it please do not try a return to nougat or Oreo build. It could brick your phone. Most of the Xiaomi devices have this problem when downgrading to a previous version of the OS.

1 Like

The example SM-G930F Galaxy S7 shows how massively Samsung StockROM prevents downgrades:

Oreo 8.0.0 G930FXXS8ETC6 March 2020 Security Update can no longer be downgraded to G930FXXS7ESL9 December 2019 Security Update.

A downgrade from StockROM Oreo 8.0.0 to Nougat 7.0 is out of the question.

Thanks for the advice. I guess I won’t be able to install /e/ on my Mi 6. That’s a pity!