Xiaomi Mido: LineageOS 14.1 EOL

The builds the user will be building for Mido will be on oreo and with oreo security patches.

1 Like

Thank you, it’s clear

If you want, you can try this one from me http://80.108.225.236:8000/f/1bfa0baf9cd5458e9896/ but it doesn’t has total launcher instead of bliss launcher and no pre installed apps like telegram, signal and so on.
It’s Oreo.

1 Like

Hi, thank you very much but at the moment I wait /e/, there are problems with the mido, Problems after update from 0.1 to 0.5 on Xiaomi Mido, eventually I go directly to LOS 15.1 and I wait /e/ v.2 stable

Thank you

Xiaomi Mido shows (system/settings) that apparently the security patches arrived on July 5, 2019. Instead Snoopsnitch shows that apparently they are still in March 2019.
Are the level of security patches to 5 July 2019 or not? Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Mido still supported?
Thank you

All devices on the supported list are still ‘supported’ by /e/. No device is being dropped. On the security patches we usually release the patches around the second half of each month. There might be slight delays in some devices receiving their patches due to various reasons including patches not available from Lineage side. We are working to remove this dependency on Lineage - deliver patches directly to the users - but the infrastructure is still not in place. Will update all when we have this setup.

I’m sorry but I don’t understand your logic… LOS (for Xiaomi Mido), has abandoned 14.1 and only keeps 15.1, 6 months ago… 6 months without security patches??? What do you think they (LOS) do for 14.1? I don’t understand the logic of still maintaining 14.1 for Mido.
As I’ve always said here and in Telegram, I don’t understand why /e/OS started the Xiaomi Mido with LOS 14.1 when there was already 15.1 available:

I don’t understand this logic. I think that you can have security without privacy, but you can’t have privacy without security…

Thank you

The logic behind this is quite simple. /e/ development start around 2017 with a team of developers. we forked from LOS Nougat and started the de-googling of the OS. Since the dev team was small initially - not that is very big now :slight_smile: - the progress was slow. That is why our initial releases were on Nougat. The switch to Oreo did not happen for many devices due to the fact that we had issues releasing them OTA. Now we have Pie test version for a few devices. including Mido We will be releasing the updated official OS for a few devices soon.

1 Like

Hi, I and my group are using LOS with microG version 16 (which I think is based on Pie). Now if i migrate to recent available version of /e/ (which is based on nouget) WILL I MISS FEATURES OF PIE?

And when can i have Pie based /e/ for Mido?
Thanks

Hi @Zeno, do not attempt to downgrade pie builds by flashing Nougat ROM’s on it. This can potentially brick your device.

You can use this pie version

That means I shouldn’t install /e/ on my mido, Ok?

You should not install the official nougat version. But you can install the unoffcial PIE version

Mido does not have any rollback protection and also never got over android nougat so it is possible downgrade from 9 to 7 for this specific device :slight_smile:

Yes there are devices which are exceptions to the downgrade rule. A downgrade on some like the whyred can have bad consequences. All the same better to be safe than sorry.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 - “mido” s a robust device. From /e/ OS ROM e-0.7-n-2019121734423- dev (nougat) to your e-0.7-pie-20200303-UNOFFICIAL as well as LOS 16.0 to custom ROMs based on Android™ 1Q including OrangeFox and back again to /e / OS ROM e-0.9-n-2020051554230-dev-mido incl. TWRP Recovery v3.3.1-0 I tried everything. But again and again I return to a custom ROM that has been continuously developed and maintained for two years. The stability under ASOP 10 is just superb.

Can you please send me the link? Is it test version? Will i have security updates?

:mag: Search …

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 mido || e-0.7-p-20200316-UNOFFICIAL-mido

it has the same sources as all other eOS versions. But it’s a little older:(

No, it’s a user build. As fas as the user don’t ceate a new build you will stay on the the ‘old’ one

I try making a new one today :slight_smile: