Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus 5G

Somehow I’ve managed to boot to LOS!!!
Brb

Much progress! Ruby is already rooted on beautiful LineageOS. There were some minor issues like screen brightness was not changeable or screen was going brrr after a few seconds of inactivity (I mean it looked like the refresh rate was dropping to a very low value and also the colors were decalibrated) - fixed in settings.

Now the only thing left is to setup microg to have notifications and warden to disable trackers.

I’m thrilled by the os and very very glad you helped me that much. Love you!

:clap: I’m delighted for you :slightly_smiling_face: Welcome to the Xiaomi freer world :globe_with_meridians:

1 Like

Btw, I’ve just checked if the signature spoofing is enabled. I downloaded from f-droid the checker app and it says the spoofing isn’t enabled. Do I understand that correctly that signature spoofing is supported but it isn’t by default in the gsi? Or maybe I did something wrong…

“Somehow” - that makes me wonder! I think it is very important to know what you are doing and why. But, whether you’ve done something wrong, I can not judge from a distance at the moment.

Which Andy Yan build did you install? Please specify!

1 Like

I used:

as you said.
Can I add signature spoofing now?

No!

Either the Android 13 (AOSP 13) image supports signature spoofing or it does not. The user cannot do anything himself.

Android Open Source Project (ASOP 13) has brought serious changes on the system level compared to AOSP 12 and does not run as stable as the previous version 12 by far. For example, I currently had to find out on a device that the Andy Yan build 20.0 does not support the use of Wi-Fi /LAN, although everything works fine with its build 19.1 (AOSP 12).

Are you absolutely sure that you installed the image arm64_bvN ( ‘v’ as in vanilla ) and not arm64_bgN (‘g’ as in gapps)?

I’m 100% sure. Also, there are no gapps in my os. However, I’m trying to set up microg. I installed it in magisk, but there weren’t any issues. Just wanted to test if that would work. Apparently I can’t notice aurora services in my apps which should come with chosen minmicrog zip, which makes me kinda anxious (I’ve installed it from apk mirror now). At this point I haven’t encountered other issues. If there would be, I’ll probably reinstall the os, since I remember the steps that made it work.

Please open your eyes :eyes: before downloading a MinMicroG package. If you look at the different MinMicroG variants (Standard, NoGoolag, Minimal, MinimalIAP) and their contents, you will see that only the Standard and NoGoolag variants contain Aurora services.

This one I’ve picked. I thought it would be useful and degoogled at the same time.

i’ve think i can be satisfied with result i have. i’ve tested one proprieatary social media app which requires google services to be present and it worked! even notification comes so i think the goal is reached. btw i still dont know what i’ve messed up earlier but im very satisfied wirh overall experience.

i want to say big thank you for whole that recent week that you managed to response very quickly and help with issues encountered. the os, as you said, can be driven daily (at least during my first day). batterry performance endured + consistent material ui do their jobs. god im so glad. if no problems happen in a few days i think i can close topic then. (i hope so and i value your time).

see you!

1 Like

Found sources and could successfully build:
https://github.com/xkse4?tab=repositories

Untested…who wants to test?

e-1.21-t-20240503-UNOFFICIAL-ruby.zip
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/XiaomiSmartphones/e-1.21-t-20240503-UNOFFICIAL-ruby.zip/download

I don’t have any instructions, you might look here:
https://xdaforums.com/f/redmi-note-12-pro-pro-plus-5g.12691/?prefix_id=53

I am aware of the development of Lineage for our device. I found out month after using the gsi and ditched gsi after two. I just forgot to come back here to tell about that discovery.

It’s so sad that the developer is ditching the device. Especially since I was postponing me finally starting the rom building adventure and now the developer made the trees private. I hope that this is temporary.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I am already on the telegram you mentioned. Sometimes i post something on the aosp chanel.

Thanks for bringing this up to the table. I was just looking for the tree forks. I think that those above aren’t up to date to the latest commit but it is better that nothing.

I would love to test your build. Although, I’m looking forward to give LMODroid a look or just vanilla Lineage a shot since I really prefer aosp-like ui. Now, since you have tree available I can start building myself but first I’m gonna neeed to swap my hdd for ssd first.

I will let you know if I test your build. Thanks