2 email addresses?

Is it possible to have two addresses on one account?
If not is it possible (and fair) to create a second account?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

If by this question you mean having two different ID’s on one email account …then that is not possible with /e/ ID.

@Manoj Does it mean also no aliases ?

Aliases can be ok.
The goal is to have an address myrealname@e.email and gibberish@e.email.

Not sure even multiple aliases will work.

Aliases technically works with /e/ Cloud, but admins won’t accept to manage them.
Postfix management user access doesn’t seems to be available anymore since last upgrade.

As a workaround, you can create another account and, within RoundCube :

• add a rule to forward all received mail
  • if you’re using RoundCube on a daily basis, I recommend to set-up a second identity (lets you write from both addresses from the same RoundCube/Cloud account)

Or setup your own self-hosted /e/ Cloud :wink:

@Buix: could this be an option for you?

SimpleLogin | Anti-spam (Protect your email inbox with a secure and open source solution by SimpleLogin) - https://f-droid.org/packages/io.simplelogin.android.fdroid

Thank’s to all for your responses.
I think i’ll try SimpleLogin, or maybe simply create an address at another carrier.
Maybe in the future i’ll try to self-hosting, but for now it’s one step at a time for me.

All the posts here revolve around giving you multiple email addresses that go into one inbox.

@Buix correct me if I’m wrong, but from what I understand, you would also be happy with two separate inboxes and asked for confirmation of someone from the team @Manoj that it would be fair, (since /e/ has to fund these accounts somehow) if you just create two accounts for you.
From my understanding this should be possible, you just need to decide which one to use for the full services and which one only for email. Then add one as your /e/-account and the other just as email account.

1 Like

Yes, you are right, two inboxes is ok for me.