5 De-Googled Android-based article mentioning /e/

Hello

I came across this article while searching for a comparison between /e/ OS and iode OS:

https://itsfoss.com/android-distributions-roms/

Funny enough none of them are recommended…

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

An interesting read, thanks for sharing.

In life everything is a compromise. We all must choose what’s most important and let the rest go.

Spoiler alert: the /e/OS compromises are the best match for me.

1 Like

Can’t confirm that from what I read…

Some points are questionable e.g. he writes:
The eFoundation also sells phones with /e/OS pre-installed.

but this point is not listed as “pro” especially because there are phones with locked bootloaders available (if I am right ;- ) but unlocked bootloader is one point the he criticize in general.

As well as saying “most phones support unlocking a bootloader, but only Google Pixels support locking the bootloader again”, which is simply not correct.

1 Like

some factual errors, but also fair comparisons and highlights. I don’t think users end up disappointed whatever option they try. That commercial offerings and easy installers are available is key.

CalyxOS is available for others phones like Fairphone, Motorola…

Yes, the information is not quite accurate. It’s just someone’s view on the “alternatives”.

And more, article writing more than 2 years ago, read the comments. So, the guy doesn’t update it, just update the date :confused:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 8 days. New replies are no longer allowed.