A Smartphone with Thermocamera

Hello,

I am a proud user of eOS for few years now and i can’t say a bad thing about it.
However my phone is unfortunately getting old now (5+ years) and i might need to change it soon.
I was thinking if i am going to get a new one, might as well get a more useful one.
I use a thermal camera at work frequently and was wondering if you guys know a good smartphone with a thermal camera that supports eOS (i know it is much to ask, but it never hurts)

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I figure you’d have to go through various lists of phones and cross reference with the list of supported and discontinued devices at the LineageOS site.

Best 10 Thermal Imaging Phones - Energy Electronics LLC

FLIR Thermal Camera Rugged Phone _ Best & Cheap Heat Detecting Smartphone | CNBgear

Top 5 Best Rugged Phones With Thermal Camera In 2023 - Invidious

In case there’s nothing, I wonder if any of the addons are usable on custom ROMs…

Best Thermal Cameras for Phones (2022): Flir, Seek Thermal, Uni-T, Perfect Prime | WIRED

1 Like

Why do you need to change it? Has it stopped working? Has it slowed down so it is no longer useable?

I use a device of a similar age (Xperia XZ1 Compact - released 2017) and it works fine.It continues to receive security fixes and functional updates from AOSP and LIneageOS. No need to change for sake of change (in my opinion :wink: )

5 Likes

Hey, you are right I don’t “need to”, in fact i like.my pjone ao much i have cold sweats at night thinking that one day i will have to replace it :). However, it is getting a bit uncomfortable to use. It’s reception is not great anymore, battery barely lasts a day and… well thats it really. Unfortunately 80% of my job is over the phone so a charger is a constant accessoriy in my bag, still though im just scouting the market, i hope i last couple of.more years with it

Replacement batteries can be found and fitted for most devices

already looked into it, I’ll order over when i reach a certain efficiency %(I’m monitoring that too😅)