A summer holidays pictures contest! share some of your best photos taken on /e/OS

Photographs capture moments in time that remain with us for life. Share some of your best photos with other users on the /e/OS forum!

The inbuilt camera has become one of the most important component on modern smartphones. /e/OS as you may be aware comes with OpenCamera by default.

We invite /e/OS users to grab their smartphones and share some of their best photos with the community. It could be photos you took while on your summer holidays or simply nature shots, or shots from your neighborhood. Just be proud of your picture(s)!

Users on the forum can select the best photos from those submitted.

The rules in this contest are simple

• Only photos taken on /e/OS are allowed
  • Use the default /e/OS camera app, or… any other one!
  • share some technical information about your pictures, at least the smartphone you used, /e/OS version and the camera application you used

Ready? Push your best pictures here! And don’t forget: a picture quality is not only “technical”… What happens in the picture scene, the balance between various parts of it, suggested emotions… are often more important than the number of pixels!

Let’s answer a few queries you may have around this contest.

Q: How do you share the photo?
A: Easy. You create a post in this thread and share the photo

Q: Can I share more than one photo?
A: Yes, you can share more than one photo.

Q: Do I need to share any additional information along with the photo?

A: Only a few ones that will help us as well as other users judge the performance of the camera app on /e/OS, and inspire others! . Please let others know the following:

• /e/OS version …for example, /e/OS 1.13-s (look in Settings→Updater)

• Device name …you can find this information under Settings → About Phone

• Device model …you can find this information under Settings → About Phone

• Camera app … you can find this information by going to the settings in the Camera app → About

• Any specific settings that you set on the camera app while taking the photo (optional)

Q: Are there any prizes for the best photographs?

A: Good suggestion. Based on the response, we can turn it onto a regular event and even share some /e/OS goodies with the winners!.

We would suggest the participants chose to copyright the pictures they post. For example from CC license, or indicate any other license

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

4 Likes

Lai Grond (2686m) in the east of Switzerland very near the Italian border

This picture has been taken using FreeDCam on my plussed FP3 (/e/ 1.12-s).

9 Likes

Sorry, but my data is MY data :wink:. I’m not going to share anything…

In my opinion, a bit of an odd contest on a privacy-focused forum. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Since no one is urged here to publish privacy relevant data about himself or other people it’s in his own responsibility to post or not to post. This has nothing to do with an “odd contest” but with the user’s own will and behavior. Everyone is free to decide, or not? OK, there are people horrified by their own shadow … if so don’t post.

5 Likes

Spring 2023 was actually more productive in terms of photography for me, but I limited myself to three shots no earlier than June 2023 – the headline reads “summer holidays”! :wink:

© 2023. This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Shot on the most recent /e/OS version (likely /e/OS 1.11-s or /e/OS 1.12-s then) with my Fairphone 3+ using Nikita GCam 8.2 v.1.8. Just default settings, but no flash. 1/3

5 Likes

Shot on the most recent /e/OS version (likely /e/OS 1.11-s or /e/OS 1.12-s then) with my Fairphone 3+ using GCam BSG 8.7: MGC_8.7.250. Just default settings, but no flash. 2/3

9 Likes

Shot on the most recent /e/OS version (likely /e/OS 1.11-s or /e/OS 1.12-s then) with my Fairphone 3+ using GCam BSG 8.7: MGC_8.7.250. Just default settings, but no flash. 3/3

4 Likes

This is a last year picture: view from DossenhĂĽtte (2685m, this is a Swiss mountain hut) to the opposite summit Gstellihorn (2855m) in the evening. These colors came only in a moment of about three minutes and my luck was to be there on the outside platform. Some minutes later it began to rain and the rain remained over the next day while we went down.

This picture has also been taken using FreeDCam on my plussed FP3 (/e/ 1.8-s or so).

19 Likes

/e/OS is trying to offer solid guarantees in term of privacy while providing the best as possible smartphone experience for a daily usage. That also means taking pictures, many people do. And everyone is free to post, or not to post :wink:

License: free for any use.

/e/OS 1.13-s, OpenCamera (/e/OS build), OnePlus 9 Pro.

Image taken in panorama mode. Slightly rotated and cropped, no other edit.

5 Likes

/e/OS 1.13-s, OpenCamera (/e/OS build), OnePlus 9 Pro. No edit.

5 Likes

What about attached meta-data ?

Scotland holidays in august , one plus 5T eOS 1.13 S ( Android 12)

7 Likes

Can be removed! Maybe even automatically removed by the forum. Can you access some from pictures already posted?

1 Like

These are excellent! Are there any settings you’re using specifically on the 9Pro with OpenCamera? I was thinking of replacing it with Lineage’s Aperture app but if I can get this quality I’ll start stock.

I had looked about before posting, but not with sophisticated tools (only the /e/file-manger details)
Thanks to the discourse forum feature.

1 Like

Sunset in the outskirts of the Spanish city of Segovia in fall.
Proudly taken with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with /e/OS 1.12.3. The picture was taken with OpenCamera. No edit.
License Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)

A child playing in a climbing wall, part of a children’s playground, in the Spanish city of Segovia.
Proudly taken with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with /e/OS 1.12.3. The picture was taken with Vector Camera. No edit.
Long life to ASCII art.
License Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)

2 Likes

Taken on /e/OS with Open Camera one year ago (unedited). Loving the HDR mode!

Setting Value
Device POCO F1
Aperture f/1.9
Exposure Time 0.0012 s
Exposure Bias 0 EV
ISO 100
Focal Length 3.94 mm
Flash No
8 Likes

© 2023. This work is licensed under a CC BY-NC 4.0 license .

Shot on the most recent /e/OS version /e/OS 1.13 with my Oneplus 7pro using default camera app 1.50.1, default settings.

9 Likes

Fairphone 4 using GCam on e/OS 1.12.3. Not edited.
Italy, Trieste, Canal Grande.

9 Likes